Amorphis Gigs

In the beginning, Beginning of time, what all we have here. :)
Yeah, you are absolutely right. I must have been a bit tired about last weekend. And as I said, I didn't be able to concentrate on the gig for real.

But still this is a bit embarrassing. :erk:

Cool topic and funny curiosities here, I am going to the Tuska gig and Lisbon gig. Been a fan since 1994 and only in 2006 could see my first 2 gigs and to meet dear Eurynome. :wave:

Amorphis in Tuska 2013 was great!
1011079_10151688446753905_87696499_n.jpg

You can't come to the Ruisrock, but you would like to see Amorphis gig? Now you (almost) are able to!

YLE (finnish tv-company) is filming all the gigs at Rantalava/Beach stage.

I'm not sure, are YLE things able to watch in abroad.
Live shows you can watch here : http://areena.yle.fi/tv/1965083
Amorphis show time is Saturday 6.7, 21.00 local finnish time.

Finnish TV Yle2 will show a clip (very short) about Amorphis gig (and maybe a short interview) in tv 6.7 some time between 22.05 and 23.00.

:headbang:

You can't come to the Ruisrock, but you would like to see Amorphis gig? Now you (almost) are able to!

YLE (finnish tv-company) is filming all the gigs at Rantalava/Beach stage.

I'm not sure, are YLE things able to watch in abroad.
Live shows you can watch here : http://areena.yle.fi/tv/1965083
Amorphis show time is Saturday 6.7, 21.00 local finnish time.

Finnish TV Yle2 will show a clip (very short) about Amorphis gig (and maybe a short interview) in tv 6.7 some time between 22.05 and 23.00.

:headbang:

No access outside of Finland. Gotta get a Finnish IP.

I was afraid there is some stupid limits to non-finland IP's. :(

I don't know about Areena, but my guess would be no. The short stuff's which are in TV today and tomorrow, will maybe be in Areena, but there is three band in one hour, so it's quote unmeaningful.

My magic tricks with computers (and all kind of electronics) are very confined and I am at Ruisrock when the time is right. So can't help you. :(

You can usually gain access to that sort of content by going through a proxy server in the appropriate country. Googling "Finland proxy server free" got me to a few lists. You then have to do some work to get the proxy set up, but it shouldn't be too hard to do and there are instructions all over.

Provinssirock streams have become available to worldwide audience afterwards in Areena before, so I wouldn't lose all hope in seeing the show legally yet...

The short stuff's which are in TV today and tomorrow, will maybe be in Areena

It should show up here soon, but indeed I wouldn't mind seeing the whole thing...

Edit: just checked the page again and it wasn't there, with the announcement gone es well. Meh.
Thumbs_down.gif

Edit 2: How interesting. On this page (at 22.05) it says "soon on the web" but if you click the link, you're greeted with the info "This program has no online viewing rights for copyright reasons." WTF?! To further annoy the paying customer (we nowadays have a general TV tax that everyone has to pay, even if, like me, they don't own a TV and therefore have to rely on Yle Areena if they want some value for their money), there is a notification that no reruns are planned either. Kiitti vitusti, Yle.

I must say I'm largely unimpressed with the recent setlists. 5 new songs in an 11 song set? How is that justified? Granted, I'd be happy with pretty much anything they played, but a bit more of a balance would go a long way. Also, PLEASE stop closing with House of Sleep.

5 new songs in an 11 song set? How is that justified?

In Finland it is, because we've heard the old stuff a thousand times. ;) (Although there's enough rarely played old stuff that would deserve a resurrection.) I wasn't there, but the set in Kokkola the other night was a bit longer and included Mission as well Drowned Maid & Mermaid (thinking of it, these two could be played consecutively and labeled The Aino Suite ;) ). I'd sure have preferred Mission over Wanderer at Tuska. :p

Wiser men said, that YLE has a habit to show Ruisrock gigs sometime over autumn/winter. So we can only wait.

I would preferred Mission over Narrow Path.