AMORTH - one of my favoUrite drummers

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
You might not know him by name, but you know his music. He drums for both Drudkh and Astrofaes.

It's also listed that he drums for THUNDERKRAFT (Folk/Industrial/deathcore), which sounds fucken terrible by that genre description, and also UNDERDARK (black metal).

Has anyone heard any UNDERDARK? They have a full length that was released this year.

ok well not that there's any rush. The only Astrofaes I have is Ancestor's Shadows and Those whose Past is Immortal, and I've barely listened to the latter. I need to spend more time with Astrofaes.

the only astrofaes that did anything for me was Ancestors Shadow, i think it was called. never really took notice of the drumming in either band.

the most disturbing thing in this thread is the use of a "U" in "favorite"

For me, if it wasn't for the drumming in Blood in our Wells or especially Autumn Aurora, the albums wouldn't have the same impact.

In fact, AA has some of the best drum tracks ever IMO. The riffs stay the same, but the drum patterns are constantly changing to create all those undulations within the song.

Re: Astrofaes, when I listen to tracks like "Thunder I shall Bring" or "The Last Dawn", again it's the drumming that really seals the deal.

I think some of his drumming in Astrofaes is really awesome, moreso than Drudke mostly (although I really do like the drums on AA). Hes one of my favourite Black/pagan/whateverheathen genre drummers. Negru still being my favourite. Heritage and Ancestors Shadows in particular stand out in my mind.

J. said:
the only astrofaes that did anything for me was Ancestors Shadow, i think it was called. never really took notice of the drumming in either band.

This coming from someone who dosent mind the drumming on early Graveland albums :loco:

En Vind Av Sorg said:
I think some of his drumming in Astrofaes is really awesome, moreso than Drudke mostly (although I really do like the drums on AA). Hes one of my favourite Black/pagan/whateverheathen genre drummers. Negru still being my favourite. Heritage and Ancestors Shadows in particular stand out in my mind.

For a while, I thought the drumming on AA might have been a drum machine.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
This coming from someone who dosent mind the drumming on early Graveland albums :loco:

i really dont understand all the hoopla about the drumming on those albums. it fits perfectly. you guys just dont get it. :dopey:

but seriously, it sounds fine to me. never really took notice

dill_the_devil said:
What, somebody spelling things correctly disturbs you?

Favourite
Colour
Realise
Grey

:p

Grey. So you spelled 1 out 4 correct.

"Realise" = real-ice

it's real-eyes, realize.

damn euro trash and your "U" :loco:

this language bickering is kinda stupid. 'proper english' was originally just as much a bastardization of other languages... such is life! whine, whine, whine.

haha, i think i came off sounding too serious or offended or something. as usual, what pisses me off is people who DO take it seriously... you guys just brought it to my mind.