My Review of Hate Forest - Battlefields

updated:

Image2.jpg

Yea and I know theres more bands, I just cant think if them all. I think you should compile it into a gigantic web then email it to Varggoth with the header "HOW DO YOU HAVE THIS MUCH DAMN TIME!?!". Ill give you some more to update later.

Heh, no shit. :tickled:

I'm diggin' it, but it'll take some time. Lots of Nile - Amongst the Catacombs influence.

Okay listened to it the whole way through just now (got distracted the other night :loco: ). Pretty good stuff, not yet amazing but still growing on me. That last track though, wow. That just depressed the hell out of me! I wanted to know the concept and lyrics when thumbing through the booklet, but now I really need to.

funny thing, I'm liking Battlefields more and more, while my initial excitment over Autumn Aurora is fading.

I'll probably revisit this review in a year (or more likely, whenever the next HF release is due out) and still see if I'm as ecstatic about this release as I was when I first got it.

I still think that its a great release, although I will admit (I can't remember if I have already before. I have probably already made this point already) that calling this release their best work to date, is a bit unfair seeing that the other releases are very little like this release, and that other releases, such as Purity, are awesome as well, but in an entirely different style. Or this might just be my fanboyism making me say this stuff... :loco: