My Review of Hate Forest - Battlefields

Since I have (literally) stacks of unheard CDs everywhere, I tend to put my favourite CDs away for a while, just so not to tire of them, and it also gives me time to listen to other albums. If you think about it, when you make a top ten list, it's really just a reflection of what you like at that given moment, and a great album that was released in January may not sound as fresh as something that comes out the following November, say.

Interesting.

I've been doing that lately, forcing myself to listen to stuff I haven't yet. Found a few wieners thusfar.

So like, where can I find translations or lyrics to Hate Forest? That shit piqued me in the bum last night.

which is why, at the end of the year, I listen to every single album I bought that was released that year to get a more proper perspective.

J. said:
I have alll their stuff. It's their best. though Scythia is really good.

Of the stuff I have I think I'd have to rate it

1. Battlefields
2. Purity
3. Scythia
4. Most Ancient Ones / To Twilight Thickets

I'm waiting on a copy of Blood and Fire right now, and I still need "The Gates" and "Ritual". As I understand it, those last two are the ambient/electronica releases.

NAD said:
I've been doing that lately, forcing myself to listen to stuff I haven't yet. Found a few wieners thusfar.

So like, where can I find translations or lyrics to Hate Forest? That shit piqued me in the bum last night.
They never release any lyrics for any of their releases. As far as I know, the only people who know them are the band members.

" The Gates " is odd. two tracks. One is a very long ambient track with sounds of Fire and the forest. The other is a droning, hypnoti,c very basic, one riff black metal song. I put this on late at night sometimes, I zone out a lot when listening to it.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
They never release any lyrics for any of their releases. As far as I know, the only people who know them are the band members.
Cool, thanks for the info. Maybe some day they'll get famous and I'll learn the concept behind Battlefields on VH1's Behind the Music. :loco:

no idea. I don't trust metal-archives, and I think that's based on rumors (which I usually always disregard), but there is always the chance it could be true. If it is that would suck greatly.

That's what I remember as well, and also I read somewhere they finished recording the new album.

So if all this loose truth and hearsay is correct, this would be normal.

I listened to Battlefields and Autumn Aurora the other day, and I must say, IMO, Battlefields>Autumn Aurora

Both are solid 2004 releases, though, and I look forward to future releases.

hahahahahha

It took me some time to enjoy. Now the album and I have started a family. A gay family. Of opossums.

MajestikMøøse;3043444 said:
I'll probably revisit this review in a year (or more likely, whenever the next HF release is due out) and still see if I'm as ecstatic about this release as I was when I first got it.

Well?

I'm curious about how others think Battlefields has aged. I still think it's fucking fantastic.