AMP SUGESTION NEEDED

ArthurD

Jun 2, 2010
Brasília - Brazil
Hi guys, i am going to the US on january, and i am planning to buy guitar amps!
So, let me know any sugestion on wich ones i should buy with my budget, and where to buy them.

I am planning to buy 2 amps.
My budget is $5,000.
I'll be one week at Orlando and 2 weeks at NYC.

I already own these amps:
Dual Rec
Triaxis
JCM 900 4100 ( :erk: )

I think I need one for powerfull cleans and another BRUTAL and different voiced with the ones i had.
And where to get them =D
(as i think its not possible to buy them from the internet, because i don't have billing adress at US)

Cheers!

where do you live? for example if you live in germany, you have to pay the taxes when you come back.
A used recto would still be way cheaper as in Germany, but you should check it before, I would go for
soemthing that's hard to find in your country.

And about the taxes part, if you don't declare it in Germany and they find an amp that costs 2000€ for
example, you have to pay the taxes (19%) and a fee that's 19%, too, at least, so you would have to
pay 800€ extra if you don't declare it and you could get a lawsuit.

where do you live? for example if you live in germany, you have to pay the taxes when you come back.
A used recto would still be way cheaper as in Germany, but you should check it before, I would go for
soemthing that's hard to find in your country.

And about the taxes part, if you don't declare it in Germany and they find an amp that costs 2000€ for
example, you have to pay the taxes (19%) and a fee that's 19%, too, at least, so you would have to
pay 800€ extra if you don't declare it and you could get a lawsuit.

I Live in Brazil, and i will declare everything.
The taxes for declaring is 50% and if not declaring the fee is 100%.
Beside this, the amp still its cheaper than buying here.
(exemple: ENGL SAVAGE HERE: 5 950 US Dollars. If i buy in the US and bring with me - gessing i'll buy it for 3000 US, it would cost me a total 4500 dollars).

no clue where to get one of the amps, just wasn't sure if you know this stuff, happened to a friend of mine
once, that's why I told you ;) I think the Natas has to be orderd at Mike Fortin himself, the Natas costs
3899$ for the Cobra I would have said rocksolidamps.com but they closed some time ago, they were almost
cheaper there than in Germany.

no clue where to get one of the amps, just wasn't sure if you know this stuff, happened to a friend of mine
once, that's why I told you ;) I think the Natas has to be orderd at Mike Fortin himself, the Natas costs
3899$ for the Cobra I would have said rocksolidamps.com but they closed some time ago, they were almost
cheaper there than in Germany.

:worship:

I think the NATAS is over my budget, unfortuetly...

List of Engl dealers in the USA and Canada:
http://www.velvetdistribution.com/dealers.html

Just checked the prices at drumcityguitarland.com, they're only 5-10% more expensive than in Germany,
but not every dealer has every product available, the Savage 120 (imho the best Engl ;) ) costs 2449$
at drumcityguitarland.com, same price at musician's friend.

Edit: You have to check the links, seems like rocksolidamps.com is still in there but they closed some time
ago.

^ the savage is according to you almost the same price in germany (Germany 1829€, your price is 1850€) - good deal!

yep, thought it was some kind of special deal at drumcityguitarland, but it's the same price at musicians's friend :D
framus amps were a bit cheaper at rocksolidamps.com for some time than at thomann and so on, seemed a bit
strange to me-it still bothers me that you have to pay 30-50% extra on every mesa product over here...

I Live in Brazil, and i will declare everything.
The taxes for declaring is 50% and if not declaring the fee is 100%.
Beside this, the amp still its cheaper than buying here.
(exemple: ENGL SAVAGE HERE: 5 950 US Dollars. If i buy in the US and bring with me - gessing i'll buy it for 3000 US, it would cost me a total 4500 dollars).

No amp suggestion, unfortunately..
But..
Couldn't you just buy the amp in the US, then send it as a birthday present to yourself...? To avoid taxes..

I know a company in the US used to send products (guitars, amps etc) as gifts to people here in Sweden..
That of course is illegal and they had to stop..
But sending it as a gift to yourself, your parents or even your cat, isn't..

Just a thought.. :)