Amsterdam setlist...

Kirkfjell

Sep 2, 2003
Brämhult, Sweden
Visit site
would anyone who attended the Amsterdam concert yesterday be kind enough to post the setlist... I'd really like to know what the changes (order, songs??) are from the first few dates...

Really looking forward to seeing Opeth on all three dates in Sweden, would be nice though to get a different song on at least one night.... :erk:

Thanks!

Hehe, I caught the setlist (the leaflet) in Tilburg, Amsterdam was the same setlist.

Intro
---
The Baying Of The Hounds
When
Deliverance
In My Time Of Need
To Rid The Disease
The Drapery Falls
The Grand Conjuration
Face Of Melinda
Blackwater Park
---
Demon Of The Fall

Amsterdam's show was a blast, Peter gave me his plectrum, I shook his hand and 'hi-fived' Mikael's hand. Hehe, that was pretty cool. The sound was also better than in Tilburg.

Nice to hear you liked it...

Seems like I'm going to have to listen to the exact same songs for all three concerts... well things could have been worse... :Spin:

Anyway, thank you very much for the info!

Moonstruck said:
Hehe, I caught the setlist (the leaflet) in Tilburg, Amsterdam was the same setlist.

Intro
---
The Baying Of The Hounds
When
Deliverance
In My Time Of Need
To Rid The Disease
The Drapery Falls
The Grand Conjuration
Face Of Melinda
Blackwater Park
---
Demon Of The Fall

Amsterdam's show was a blast, Peter gave me his plectrum, I shook his hand and 'hi-fived' Mikael's hand. Hehe, that was pretty cool. The sound was also better than in Tilburg.

Dude that means you where standing like right next to me... Guy, 15 years old, blonde long hair. (ring any bells?) Where you in the pit too? (Peter and Mikael high-fived me too :headbang: ). The show was frikkin' awesome.

defos said:
Dude that means you where standing like right next to me... Guy, 15 years old, blonde long hair. (ring any bells?) Where you in the pit too? (Peter and Mikael high-fived me too :headbang: ). The show was frikkin' awesome.

Hm, I don't recall. I was al the way against the stage right in front of Peter. I didn't waste this great spot for pitting. ;)

Moonstruck said:

Intro
---
The Baying Of The Hounds
When
Deliverance
In My Time Of Need
To Rid The Disease
The Drapery Falls
The Grand Conjuration
Face Of Melinda
Blackwater Park
---
Demon Of The Fall

HOLY SHIT! AWESOME SETLIST!! :OMG:

I was in front of Peter too!

I was this guy:

post-386-1126773018.jpg

(I'm on the left of Peter).

I had an interview with Peter earlier that day. (Awesome guy to hang with!)

If you want to read some stuff and see pics of that day:

click here, and please join the place!

It was the best concert ever by the way!

Yeah I'm actually getting worried seeing these setlists from their euro gigs. I don't want to hear anything from Damnation, and I don't see Ghost of Perdition anywhere. I can't complain I guess.

if anyone is interested, here's the setlist of the HAMBURG Sept. 17 show:

-Intro ("Kleiner Krieger" from Popol Vuh, rec. 1974)
-The baying of the hounds
-When
-Deliverance
-In my time of need
-To rid the disease
-The drapery falls
-The grand conjuration
-Face of Melinda
-Blackwater Park
-Demon of the fall

Great great show, and there is another tour planned incl. Germany (where I come from) in late November/early December this year.

Axenrot did some great and tight drumming, in Tilburg we even got a great drumsolo! Only his fills lacked 'wow'-factor.