Amy Winehouse dead @ 27

Nobody here said the Winehouse passing was sadder than the Norway massacre....we're just commenting on Winehouse. Jackass.

To be fair, it is hard to feel sorry for someone who was on a self destructive path. When my wife told me the news, I wasn't shocked at all. It would have been shocking if she managed to live another 10 years.

Sorry mate, gotta go with J. Golden on this one...

That's ok....I was just trying to say that this particular thread wasn't about the Norway tragedy, which is, of course, much more horrendous and sad a happening than a "pop star" dying. But this thread was about Winehouse...and yes, she was VERY self-destructive, but I think that's saddest part of the whole story. It's terribly sad to see someone with talent and promise have such difficulties just living day to day. Just because you may not like her music shouldn't make it any less sad. I seem to remember a whole lot of people on these boards were quite saddened when Midnight passed away....you can't tell me that he wasn't just as messed up as Winehouse.

That's ok....I was just trying to say that this particular thread wasn't about the Norway tragedy, which is, of course, much more horrendous and sad a happening than a "pop star" dying. But this thread was about Winehouse...and yes, she was VERY self-destructive, but I think that's saddest part of the whole story. It's terribly sad to see someone with talent and promise have such difficulties just living day to day. Just because you may not like her music shouldn't make it any less sad. I seem to remember a whole lot of people on these boards were quite saddened when Midnight passed away....you can't tell me that he wasn't just as messed up as Winehouse.

Fair enough. I think it's just that all of us Scandinavians are a bit extra sensitive right about now.

Yes, it's sad, and you totally could have created another thread for it so it wouldn't be buried here.

+1.

There's no need to diss the passing of one human being just because it happened concurrently with a major tragedy. I have no interest in Amy Winehouse in general, but there's no reason that people can't have sorrow for both at the same time. She was an addict, and she hurt no one but herself and her family.

And if it had been some major prog/power metal musician important to this community who had died instead of her, I'm pretty sure there would be a lot less complaining.

Nobody here said the Winehouse passing was sadder than the Norway massacre....we're just commenting on Winehouse. Jackass.

Sorry bro, but I also think J. Golden, johan and the other guys are right. The death of a junkie, a so called "artist" who drank and drugged herself to death comes up, but not the tragedy that took the lives of almost 100 people in Norway. I'm sorry, but that is not cool to see, in my opinion. Why is everyone all touchy about Winehouse dead? She did it to herself. I'm sorry but not a lot of respect from here.

The stuff in Norway, however... :(:(

+1.

There's no need to diss the passing of one human being just because it happened concurrently with a major tragedy. I have no interest in Amy Winehouse in general, but there's no reason that people can't have sorrow for both at the same time. She was an addict, and she hurt no one but herself and her family.

And if it had been some major prog/power metal musician important to this community who had died instead of her, I'm pretty sure there would be a lot less complaining.

Thank you....this was very well said.

Point is not to diss anyone's passing. However to see some stupid druggy pop singer get more attention for killing herself over such a travesty is just f@#ked up. And I'm not just saying within this thread Comic Book Douche.
But it does reflect our culture, or lack thereof. Pretty screwy but I'm just a "jackass" so what do I know.

Point is not to diss anyone's passing. However to see some stupid druggy pop singer get more attention for killing herself over such a travesty is just f@#ked up. And I'm not just saying within this thread Comic Book Douche.
But it does reflect our culture, or lack thereof. Pretty screwy but I'm just a "jackass" so what do I know.

That's correct, you are a jackass. His name is Comic Book Dude, so either you just randomly attacked him for being a fan of Amy Winehouse, making you a total dickhead, or you can't read.

Second of all, quantifiable proof that she's getting more attention than the shootings in Norway, or are you so easily tooled by the sensationalism of her death that you in turn sensationalize it?

Thirdly, with all due respect, fuck off. Drug addiction is not a joke -- it's a serious issue. I don't think Amy's family, or Paul Grey's family, or Layne Staley's family, or Chris Farley's family, or any non- famous person who overdosed and died from drug addiction's family should be insulted and disrespected in the fashion you're doing it in. It's not funny.

And as the other poster said, if you want to talk about the atrocity that took place in Norway, make another thread about it. It's not a contest. It's not anyone else's fault that you have some blind notion in your head that nobody is covering the story, when in reality there's far more coverage of it than Amy Winehouse's death and you're just a typical metal dork that takes any media sensationalism over an "evil" celebrity's death seriously. You're a tool.