bands you'd never admit you like

I have been known to listen to "Bo Caspers". But I'm most certainly not ashamed of it! Although I generally stick with the genre Folk Metal, I drift at times. Be Vain!

I like Nordfront from Germany and Ultima Thule and Hel from Sweden,I'm not embarassed to say it,but some people might think this is some kind of taboo because these bands are considered by some as "far right-wing" or "nazi" or whatever.I like their songs,their music and many of their songs' themes.So i don't care.

I listened to Ultima Thule myself back in the early 90's when Svea hjältar, För fädernes landet and Vikingabalk came out. Never cared much about them being out-spoken nationalists. They had some catchy songs but I grew tired of their worthless musicianship and especially their beyond aweful vocalist who never could carry a decent tune. In 94 they were on the cover of every magazine here in Sweden and they topped the charts with every release.

I like many of their songs and the singers voice is fine for me,I think it's ok.

But the bad thing is that I can't find any Ultima Thule or Hel CDs here.Ok truth is I haven't looked that much but I seriously doubt that they will have any here.

I listen to some of the nationalists a little, but I have never really liked them. It's a little too extreme for me :). Although, I believe my cousin is big into that...but then again, he's a crazy person....very much a nationalist and truly believe the country is the best in the world (sweden) and everything circles us...sounds almost a little American :p

I listen to some of the nationalists a little, but I have never really liked them. It's a little too extreme for me :). Although, I believe my cousin is big into that...but then again, he's a crazy person....very much a nationalist and truly believe the country is the best in the world (sweden) and everything circles us...sounds almost a little American :p

Nationalists I don't mind... Nothing wrong with pride in your country. But nationalists who try to superimpose their beliefs onto you ("My country is better than yours na-na-na-nana") really, really annoy me.

Well in Nordfront's and Ultima Thule's songs i don't mind the lyrics of songs like Vaterland,Deutschland Deutschland Vaterland,Auf in die Schlacht or in the case of Ultima Thule Bla Brigader,Ballade till Sverige,Har vill jag leva,Vi salde varan hemman etc.

On the contrary I love their lyrics.Especially in Bla Brigader.

What I don't like is when some nationalist bands go like "white pride worldwide" and stuff like that.But praising your country and some good values that your nation has is good!;)

I don't know Swedish but i've learned the chorus of Bla Brigader by heart.It's an amazing song.Ragnarok is too!;)

Not usually ashamed of my music, but I do tend to think twice about admitting I dance around to Disney songs first thing in the morning sometimes :lol:

My personal favourite for early mornings is 'Belle' from Beauty and the Beast.

'There must be more than this provincial life..'
'Just watch, I'm going to make Belle my wife!'

Look there she goes the girl who's strange but special
A most peculiar mademoiselle
It's a pity and a sin
She doesn't quite fit in
But she really is a funny girl
A beauty but a funny girl
She really is a funny girl...

...that BELLE!

*cough*

(I'm usually pretty much on the kitchen table singing my heart out by this point in the song :D)

I'll just copy/paste my answer from the other thread, though apparently I don't actually have any trouble admitting to liking these bands :p

To name a few:

Bjork
Blackfield
Blue October
HIM (but not the last few albums)
Nobuo Uematsu
The Notwist
Placebo
Sigur Ros
Smashing Pumpkins
The Veils
VAST
Yoko Kanno

haha disney songs rule!!!
The Nightmare before christmas soundtrack is one of my favourites

I have it on my Zune :) Everything about that movie and soundtrack is just too awesome for Disney. Danny Elfman is good at what he does. I also enjoy his Serenada Schizophrana, which as far as I'm aware is the only set of music he has released outside of movie soundtracks.