What bands do you hate to admit you like?

i think the only remotely embarassing thing i had on my itunes before today was kings of leon - only by the night
but i deleted it cos sex on fire was making me want to cry or some shit
so now my itunes is perfect

God, I only heard one Kings of Leon song, ("Charmer" I think it was called) but it was one of the most awful things I've heard; I hate that awful, clangy noisy style of rock.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU
YOUUURU SEX IS ONNN FIIIIIIIIIREEEEE
neeoowwbnoeewneowww
neeeowww neowww noewwww
never again

Ooh, here's one I HATE to admit - through being inadvertantly bombarded by radios and tv's (usually ads/previews) blaring modern pop songs (and in the end credits of "The Hangover"), I've often heard that modern sorta hip-hop take on "You Spin me Right Round" (though making the second half much simpler but more provocative), "when you go down," hmm... :D) However, almost all of it is sextuplets, and there's this keyboard arpeggio that plays sometimes during the chorus that's just so addictive :oops: :kickass:

actually i used to really dig 30 sec from mars. what u guys reckon? yea i know its emo etc..

agreed! I think it's incredibly well done and the dude's a talented vocalist.

Throughout my years, I've learned to really appreciate other forms of music. Early on, I used to only listen to metal and fuck the rest because it was too simple. Powerchord progressions weren't really my things. But I listen to Breaking Benjamin's Phobia or other modern rock, and realize how well done it is. While it's not pushing the limits of guitar, everything is done to perfection.

HOWEVER after playing in said modern rock band, metal is definitely my thing. I love listening to some modern rock and even hearing all the layers of a hip hop or track music, but never would want to perform it.

Not that i like that Lisa chicks music or even heard anything other than Still Alive.
But i admit i like this song very much:

Well it is not metal so sue me !!!
lol

Last edited by a moderator:
agreed! I think it's incredibly well done and the dude's a talented vocalist.

I'm not saying leto cant sing at all but I saw this live DVD once and he sounded horrible like waaaay off key to the point where it was unbearable to listen to.

I call new found glory, the used, taking back sunday ...."sexy time music"....If you want to get laid by a hot chick dont try the blast beat stuff:)

But I feel ashamed about this acts in my itunes:

Atreyu
caliban
the kissaway trail (I only knew one song which I realy liked so I ordered the gayest record of the world. This record is so gay you cant fuck when it is playing)
placebo

Disciple - Back Again
Met them and hung out a few times, played some shows together with another band I was in, Crosseyed.

I really like Daughtry, The Fray and Paramore... not that I am ashamed of it or "hate to admit" that I like them, but I guess that's not what most of you guys listen to.

Dont know their names, some one here might, but the song goes ............
"And I would walk 500 miles and a I would walk 500 more, just to be ......."

And Im gonna justify it by saying, "Cmon, who doesnt like that song"!:lol:

Damn, now I can't get it out of my head... That song is awesome though :loco:

Last edited by a moderator: