What bands do you hate to admit you like?

Feb 8, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
Certainly, everyone has a few guilty pleasures when it comes to music, but don't always admit it. :heh: so tell us a band you like to listen to that you normally wouldn't confess to others!

since this is my idea i'll go first: avenged sevenfold

clearly, no other band has more mallcore/hot-topic fans than they do, and they definitely have perfected the whole poser metal look. but god damn do they have some catchy ass songs. plus i'm also a total sucker for guitar harmonies, which they have ritually in almost every song. if only they weren't so lame on so many other levels, i might admit to liking them more.

Nevermore - Dude's voice bugs the fucking living shit out of me..............BUT..............I can't get enough of it.

Not ashamed at all to admit it, but I absolutely love the shit out of Paramore, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Boys Like Girls, The Maine, Shiny Toy Guns, The Starting Line, and many others.

The one I'd be hesitant to admit to would be Dashboard Confessionals :(.

i am not ashamed of a single thing on my itunes.
hell, even if i still enjoyed some of the stuff i first started listening to, i wouldnt be ashamed (such as linkin park or something,) because everything youve listened to contributes to your as a musician and as a person, and if I had the chance to go back and cut any of that out, I wouldn't be the same person I am today.

Hmmm , I would say Tom Jones but I'm not that embarrassed about it, dude's a mahfuckin badass. The intro to She's a Lady will rock your ass!!!

I`m not a T.J fan normally but I bought the "If I only knew" single mainly because of the badass "Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaah".

Lady Gaga, Lady Sovereign, Norah Jones, Sir Mix-A-Lot, ICP, Kenny G, Al Green, Electric Six, (the true) MayheM, The Monkees, Rogue Traders.
I dont know that I hate to admit that I like any of them but I just haven't made an effort or gone out of my way, until now, to let people know I'm into it.
I just listen to whatever I feel like.

I enjoy lots of pop that would be very uncool here link NSync & Backstreet Boys (incredibly catchy hooks and great vocal harmonies). Nick Lacey's, "What's Left of Me" is very high on my favorite production albums list. I also love David Cook's song "Permanent".

Here's a great one... I LOVE improvising over Vanessa Carlton's, "1000 Miles". I play all her piano parts on guitar.

My guilty pleasures are big, symphonic, pop, goth metal like Within Temptation and After Forever :) Love it, love it, love it!!!

I've really never understood the concept of "guilty pleasure". You like something, you like it! Fuck whatever anyone else thinks.

I am definitely NOT ashamed to admit that I like Megaman music :D

actually i used to really dig 30 sec from mars. what u guys reckon? yea i know its emo etc..