bands you'd never admit you like

Disappear

New Metal Member
Jun 18, 2007
Durham, UK
sorry if there's already a topic like this, but...what bands/artists do you like that you're embarrassed to admit to? ;)
as well as all the metal bands i like, i listen to artists like amy winehouse (they tried to make me go to rehab, i said nooo no no!) and regina spektor, which i'm not ashamed of, but i also like to listen to...avril lavigne :erk:
there, i've said it. so what do you listen to when no one's around?

My tastes are wide so I'm not really embarrassed about anything. I listen to metal most of the time but I'm not a stranger to any form of music whatsoever. I like everything from pop via reagge to classical and jazz. The only thing I don't seem to get is rap/hip-hop. I'll proudly blast Gavin DeGraw anyday! :lol:

My tastes are wide so I'm not really embarrassed about anything.

idem.

I can enjoy commercial pop/house when I want to, even hardcore/techno/jump can put a smile on my face.

not that I listen to it at home, but amongst friends, it can be fun.

only r 'n b/amercian negro hiphop is :puke:
obviously, fake plastic dolly's may suffer eternally by kissing my ass.

Eeeeerm...I listen to crap quite often, but it's not really my own will, one comes across them everyday. But I feel quite embarrassed when I listen to, for example, Bon Jovi and I find it quite catchy. Or Flyleaf. Or Him...nah, not really. But there's nothing bad in "escaping" from time to time, is it?

Surely by admitting bands you like to listen to but would never usually here you are in fact able to admit to liking them, thereby contradiciting the original point of the thread?

^_^

I'm not ashamed about anything I listen to. If something sounds good i'll fucking listen to it as much as I want. Bob Marley is teh sh1t! :kickass:

I'm not ashamed of anything i listen to..

..Mainly because everything i listen to is nothing to be ashamed of :p

My main thing to go by with music is whether the music requires talent.. and if it does, the second question is whether it can be respected. For example, some bands like 'Avenged Sevenfold' have good guitarists in the band.. but i don't like them because they are too close to the emo shit.

I was extremely bored one day, and i saw that a Jessica Simpson concert was on the TV.. so i watched it to see how many people were there and what the stage was like (and what she looked like :p).. (which to be honest, wasn't too good :S)..

..her singing was crap.. out of tune.. but she left the stage to get changed and the musicians were left to improvise.

..it was Jazzy and technical, and the drummer and keyboardist were amazing!.. i actually liked that music.

Then Jessica came back on and started an R'n'B style song.. and ruined everything :p

Whelp, this looks like a good of a place as any to start posting here.

I listen to a lot of stuff myself. HIM (yeah i know... shut up guys :lol: ), Nick Cave, Jeff Buckly, and Rhapsody. Dawn of Victory and earlier. Hell yeah.

I am ashamed of nothing I listen to... I like Folk Music and most kinds of Heavy Metal. Doesn't being ashamed of listening to it defeat the point of listening to music? Be proud of what you listen to damnit!

i like folk music too, nothing wrong with that.

i'm really a very nasty child in an adult's body and i own the LazyTown soundtrack.

Artists people generally don't tend to associate with me liking (or at least owning one of their CDs);

2 Many DJs
Bon Jovi
Bruce Springsteen
Cream
The Dresden Dolls
Elvis Costello
Flogging Molly
Girls Aloud
Hawkwind
Jamiroquai
Jefferson Aeroplane & Jefferson Starship
Katie Melua
Kelly Clarkson
The Magic Numbers
Maximo Park
Pink
Rush
Saint Saens
The Subways
Turin Brakes
Wishbone Ash

The list goes on, and on.

I'm not ashamed of anything I listen. If I want to listen to something I do. That being said, a lot of people are surprised when they find out about my musical taste. At work I get a lot of you listen to them?

I thionk the best quote has to be when one woman I work with came in when I was listening to COB and sad: 'I thought you were such a God fearing type(!)'

Trust me I hear it all the time...

I really, really like a song by one of these three-word-in-the-band-name At the Gates meets Justin Timberlake bands. Don't remember what the hell the band is called though but I gotta say it is rather embarassing to listen to that kind of crap. Normally I say - let metal be metal and pop be pop (I like both if it's well done). Can't help but like it though :) It's really über-poppish but with the typical 15-year old boy screaming his lungs out pre-chorus and stuff. Tears don't fall!?