Non-metal bands that you like...

The only ones I can think of are Bad Religion, Faith No More, Living Colour and Social Distortion. I really am a metal elitist asshole.

it's funny how a lot of you post bands that i consider metal. Faith no more is deffinately metal. King for day is a damn heavy album. so is the Misfits. All thier stuff was heavy. Most older punk i consider metal. system of a down, rage against the machine and suicidal tendencies are metal. if thiese bands aren't then new anthrax is not metal. this is just my opinion i'm not calling anyone out. putting things under a genre is a bullshit thing to do anyway. but if we're going to then i don't see how the bands i just mentioned aren't.
non-metal bands i like are
NIN (which is kinda metalish)
jethro tull
Seal (the accoustic album is badass)
the Mars Volta
anything with Les Claypool
there's more but i have to shit
-Jono-

Most metal sucks.
Most of what I listen to isn't metal.
The only albums I bought in the last year...
Morrissey
The Darkness
OutKast
Radiohead
Robert Downey Jr.
Jet

My favorite bands of all time are KISS, Queen, and Zeppelin, which is close to "metal" in that is heavy rock and melodic.

Jono said:
it's funny how a lot of you post bands that i consider metal. Faith no more is deffinately metal. King for day is a damn heavy album. so is the Misfits. All thier stuff was heavy. Most older punk i consider metal. system of a down, rage against the machine and suicidal tendencies are metal. if thiese bands aren't then new anthrax is not metal. this is just my opinion i'm not calling anyone out. putting things under a genre is a bullshit thing to do anyway. but if we're going to then i don't see how the bands i just mentioned aren't.
non-metal bands i like are
NIN (which is kinda metalish)
jethro tull
Seal (the accoustic album is badass)
the Mars Volta
anything with Les Claypool
there's more but i have to shit
-Jono-

True, a lot of the bands that I mentioned could be catagorized as metal, but I view them closer to Alternative. As far as Primus, I just felt that needed special mention for obvious reasons.

WOW Alot of people are listing alot of Metal Bands and or Alternative. What I mean is my favorite type of music is metal. Anthrax will always be #1. I've been a fan since fistful of metal & stuck by every lineup change they did. But other bands that are favs are Trouble (chicago) (anyone else going to the BW & BK fest?? :headbang: ) Exodus,Overkill,Death,Destruction, Slayer,Testament,Candlemass,Kreator,Iron Maiden,Black Sabbath,then into the more obscure stuff like Vio-lence,Exciter,Blue Cheer,Abattoir,Adrenalin O.D,Excel,Zoetrope,Wargasm,and a whole lot more so I'm really into the Older Metal stuff,but as I Said Anthrax will always will be #1 metal band :headbang:

Skynyrd
Marshall Tucker Band
Waylon Jennings
Grateful Dead (I actually followed the Dead for 3 years, I was a dirty hippie once!!!)
Elvis
Allman Brothers
Charlie Daniels
Motley Crue
Gretchen Wilson
Rusted Root
The Turtles
Buddy Holly

Jono said:
it's funny how a lot of you post bands that i consider metal. -Jono-
that's why I tried to qualify my answers because I noticed what you noticed.

like Grudge may have been considered Alternative to most but I actually think it's a form of metal\hard rock.

Dredd74 said:
Skynyrd
Marshall Tucker Band
Waylon Jennings
Grateful Dead (I actually followed the Dead for 3 years, I was a dirty hippie once!!!)
Elvis
Allman Brothers
Charlie Daniels
Motley Crue
Gretchen Wilson
Rusted Root
The Turtles
Buddy Holly
Buddy Holly :headbang: