List some bands that you really don't like but society says you are supposed to like.

I ditched MJ for my sisters collection of Dead Kennedy's and other punk bands in the mid 80's. Then I really got into Maiden, Metallica and anything else that was NOT pop or top 40. I remember my stepmother getting pissed about Black Sabbath and Black Flag... "Are you on drugs" ? ... me... "No but living with you and how you treat me sometimes it might not be a bad idea."

Subsuquently got the cord to my stereo cut by here with it still plugged in...I had to hold back from laughing. She threw one of my radios out of my window down to the ground...Me... I just went picked it up that afternoon and plugged it back in.

Welcome to my childhood lol.

In contrast, I remember my dad buying me a Carcass album. He scratched my original copy by accident, felt bad about it and went to the local record store and bought me a new copy.

Was it the Swan Song?

It was Heartwork.

He told me later that he went straight to the cashier and asked for the album, specifically naming the band name an album title. The guy in the record store just looked at him in disbelief, because my dad looks nothing like a Carass listener.

I told my dad that the guy in the record store looked at me the same way when I went in to buy him a Rod Stewart album, age 14.

We decided that we're even!

It was Heartwork.

He told me later that he went straight to the cashier and asked for the album, specifically naming the band name an album title. The guy in the record store just looked at him in disbelief, because my dad looks nothing like a Carass listener.

I told my dad that the guy in the record store looked at me the same way when I went in to buy him a Rod Stewart album, age 14.

We decided that were even!

The good ol' days when they still had record stores. Now all you have to answer to is i-tunes or amazon.com. I miss the days when you would go to the record stores on release dates. When a new Cannibal Corpse, or Obituary album would come out etc I would love to take the CD and plop it on the counter and just watch the reaction from the cashier.

The good ol' days when they still had record stores. Now all you have to answer to is i-tunes or amazon.com. I miss the days when you would go to the record stores on release dates. When a new Cannibal Corpse, or Obituary album would come out etc I would love to take the CD and plop it on the counter and just watch the reaction from the cashier.

I always liked going to midnight release parties for a big name band and asking for a new metal release. I remember waiting in line to purchase Sepultura's Chaso AD with about 100 Pearl Jam fans.

I always liked going to midnight release parties for a big name band and asking for a new metal release. I remember waiting in line to purchase Sepultura's Chaso AD with about 100 Pearl Jam fans.

haha yep. The best was when the bands would be in store to sign the new CD's and there would be a line of 200 metal heads wearing tight black jeans and leather jackets