Bands you should like....but don't?

I suppose I won't try and peel off bands I don't like...... UM would run out of bandwidth as I am picky. Well, maybe not quite THAT picky, but ya'll get my point. I suppose I will leave this post to bands playing @ PPUSA this year:

I can't seem to get into Circus Maximus, though I own both of their releases. I love Vanden Plas and Pagan's Mind.... seems like they would fit right in. The vocals and musicianship is stellar, but the songs do little for me.

I also can't get into Sabaton. I am an Accept nut and Sabaton has that militaristic feel much like Accept as well as similar tempos of music. Still, they don't do much for me. Maybe the live performance will change my mind.

Bryant

Bryant,

What about Seventh Wonder. Have you been able to get into them?

They're my new favorite across all genres and subcategories.

But then again, I'm a wuss.

Bryant,

I've listened to Mercy Falls a couple of times in advance of PPE next month and ... I enjoy the music, but the world really only needs one concept album about a comatose man in the hospital, and we already had that with Human Equation.

I think the question is kind of ambiguous, why I SHOULD like any band? Taste is a matter personal matter, just because I like power metal doesn't mean I should like all power metal bands. So here's a lists of bands many have regarded as good, great or sacred cows and I haven't/couldn't get into them:

You should've waited until AFTER PPX to post this: FIND ANOTHER ROOMIE!!:lol::lol::lol:

Savatage.

I LOVE Believe, and some of the Zak Stevens era stuff is pretty cool, but outside of that I just can't get into the 'Tage. Nothing against Jon Oliva's voice either, his set last year was in my top 3 of the weekend regardless of the fact that I don't like 'Tage or Oliva's Pain.

Oh, and Rhapsody (Of Fire). I love my power metal to have over the top bombastic orchestration, and I love Fabio Lione's voice. Still doesn't do it for me.

Hmmm.... that is the last straw. I am bringing my brass knuckles to PPUSA. >:p~

Bryant

I wasn't expecting less from you, gladly to take a punch from you bro...and then pay you a round at the bar :kickass:. And you don't like Sabaton, just for that I will bring my spikes to the arena...and then you can buy me a round :saint:

The almighty Motörhead is appearing a lot in this thread....

Quite disturbing.

Very disturbing o_O, but hey I just stirred the hive a lot with my choices so who am I to complaint? :)

You should've waited until AFTER PPX to post this: FIND ANOTHER ROOMIE!!

Ah cut it out. a) you love me :p, b) we both love Scorpions, and c) I never said that I will never go into some of those bands, just that I haven't done it yet.

It took me 9 years since I became a metalhead to get into thrash, so I still have time to get into some of those bands...or not :loco:

Nevermore
Nightwish (w/ Tarja)
Most Matos-era Angra. I love Rebirth and Temple of Shadows to death, and I like a good bit of Angels Cry, but that's about it.
Falconer
Sabaton
Dark Moor
Power Quest
Running Wild

I could probably go out and list countless 4th-tier prog/power bands, there are tons, but I'm not going to bother.

I haven't heard them........ in fact, I just pulled up their Myspace page. I like the first song pretty well. I get a little Pagan's Mind vibe, but a little more straightforward vocalist and less "oldschool" in the guitar. I really do like what I hear so far and that is a big statement because I don't like 90% of what I hear. Luckily, my tastes aren't sub-genre specific. My two favorite bands in the world are probably Accept and Vanden Plas and other than the fact they are both teutonic, they don't sound very similar at all.
The song "Taint the Sky" just came up. Good stuff. I also take back what I said about about less "oldschool" style on guitar. There is plenty of power chord driven rythm and "singing" style solos that are important to me. Good band. I will probably even pick up a disc at PP of these guys.

Bryant

Bryant,

But then again, I'm a wuss.

This list is a combination of bands (or artists) that are similar in style to the bands I like or bands (or artists) that I've been told I must like. For reasons that only I understand, however, I just don't care for them.

AC/DC
Amorphis
After Forever
The Beatles
Disturbed
Elvenking
Epica
Evergrey
Into Eternity
Led Zeppelin
Manticora
Mercenary
Metallica
Motley Crue
Motorhead
Mustasch
Nightwish
Orphaned Land
Ozzy Osbourne (or Ozzy-fronted Black Sabbath)
Poison
Power Of Omens
Raintime
Riverside
Rush
Spiral Architect
Therion
Devin Townsend
Van Halen
Virgin Steele
The Who
Wuthering Heights

That should suffice for now. Feel free to piss and moan!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

My brass knucks will get used on you after Wyvern. Unfortunately, considering you are about 6'3" and 225, I will have to do quite a bit of hit and run on you. :zombie: Ha ha ha.
You can at least listen to Jorn Viggo if nothing else. If the guy lived within 200 miles of me, I would pay to take lessons from him and I was playing guitar well before he knew what a guitar was. That guy is in a different level than all but a very few guitarists out there in metal land. It is truly ashamed he doesn't get a little more props on his playing.

Bryant

Pagan's Mind

Ha ha ha, well we both know that we are both about as dangerous as cotton candy. :heh: I like to fight about as much as I like to have a tooth pulled.

Bryant

I wasn't expecting less from you, gladly to take a punch from you bro...and then pay you a round at the bar :kickass:. And you don't like Sabaton, just for that I will bring my spikes to the arena...and then you can buy me a round :saint:

Ha ha ha, well we both know that we are both about as dangerous as cotton candy. :heh: I like to fight about as much as I like to have a tooth pulled.

Bryant

Cotton candy can be very dangerous if gone through the trachea instead of the esophagus :p

I also hate to fight, had enough brawls in my youth :zombie: