Counting Crows
Live
Pearl Jam
Don Henley
Pink Floyd
Rush
Journey

These are just a few, I like alot of stuff

Beatles, Stones, Skynard, Thin Lizzy, Kiss, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Scorpions, Hendrix, SRV, Ramones, Van Halen, Johnny Cash, Clapton, Doors, Deep Purple, Billy Joel, Led Zep, Elton John, Allman Brothers, Nugent, Queen, Bob Seegar, Rush........many more!

KISS
Aerosmith
Van Hagar
Giels
Rockets
RHCP
Clapton
Garbage
Seger
Cheap Trick
Kenny Wayne Sheppard

Tons but I'll name those that I came think of off the top of my head
Sting/The Police
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Uriah Heep
AFI
Avoid One Thing
The Offspring
Masters of Reality
Johnny Cash
Hank 3
lots of classic rock beatles doors floyd zep moody blues etc
Robert Cray Band
Stevie Ray Vaughn (can I trade Clapton for SRV God? )
Social D
Transplants
Rancid
Dropkick Murphys
Street Dogs
Prince
Foo Fighters
Sublime
Public Enemy
NIN
Horrorpops
Elton John
lots more but thats enough....

Johnny Ace said:
Here goes:

Al DiMeola

Interesting choice... he is an awesome guitarist. "Race with the devil on the spanish highway" is one of best jazz-rock riffs!

Here are my choices in no particular order:
Faith No More (don't consider them metal)
Dire Straits
Pink Floyd
Jeff Beck
Eric Clapton
Cream
The Beatles
ZZ Top
Springsteen
The Police
U2
Miles Davis
Public Enemy
Santana
Fun Lovin' Criminals
The Tea Party
Prince
Deep Purple
Dead Can Dance
CCR

Billy Joel (yep - wierd), most soundtracks to movies (love LOTR and anything by Ennio Morricone, John Williams), U2, The Killers, The Music, Living Colour (Vernon Reid is the man!),.... well thats the most non metal bands I could think of.

aliasp said:
Billy Joel (yep - wierd), most soundtracks to movies (love LOTR and anything by Ennio Morricone, John Williams), U2, The Killers, The Music, Living Colour (Vernon Reid is the man!),.... well thats the most non metal bands I could think of.

The Piano Man! :headbang:

Anthrax_Mosher said:
What kind of fuckin dumbass doesn't consider AC/DC metal ??

Well technically speaking, they don´t use fast riffs and double bass, high pitched vocals or growling. But I kind of agree anyway.

AC/DC are one of my favorite bands right alongside Anthrax but i wouldn't consider them to be a "heavy metal band". When u say heavy metal I think of Maiden, Slayer, Anthrax, Sabbath. I would say AC/DC are more like Zepplin or Guns and Roses in the hard/heavy rock catagory. Having said that though they certainly cross lots of different genres over the albums so there is an argument both ways.

Anthrax_Mosher said:
What kind of fuckin dumbass doesn't consider AC/DC metal ??
Here's a list of "dumbasses" that don't consider AC/DC metal. Angus Young, Malcom Young, Brian Johnson, Cliff Williams, Phil Rudd, Chris Slade, Simon Wright, Mark Evans, and of course, the late Bon Scott.