Amy Winehouse dead @ 27

That's correct, you are a jackass. His name is Comic Book Dude, so either you just randomly attacked him for being a fan of Amy Winehouse, making you a total dickhead, or you can't read.

I believe I was attacked first so kiss my ass.

Second of all, quantifiable proof that she's getting more attention than the shootings in Norway, or are you so easily tooled by the sensationalism of her death that you in turn sensationalize it?

Watch any new outlet genius.

Thirdly, with all due respect, fuck off. Drug addiction is not a joke -- it's a serious issue. I don't think Amy's family, or Paul Grey's family, or Layne Staley's family, or Chris Farley's family, or any non- famous person who overdosed and died from drug addiction's family should be insulted and disrespected in the fashion you're doing it in. It's not funny.

Not laughing at drug addiction, maybe you can't read. Still everyone knows what they are getting into with the drugs so I really can't feel sorry for them if they die from it. It is not like people don't know it can happen.

And as the other poster said, if you want to talk about the atrocity that took place in Norway, make another thread about it. It's not a contest. It's not anyone else's fault that you have some blind notion in your head that nobody is covering the story, when in reality there's far more coverage of it than Amy Winehouse's death and you're just a typical metal dork that takes any media sensationalism over an "evil" celebrity's death seriously. You're a tool.[/QUOTE]

:tickled: Was she "evil"? What the he;; does that mean? I don't get that but whatever...

I believe I was attacked first so kiss my ass.

He said he thought it was sad because he's a fan and obviously, death sucks, and you reply with "NO YOURE RONG, DATS NOT SAD, THIS IS SAD." You started it by trolling the thread. Several people already told you to start a new thread and you have the audacity to refuse and continue trolling.

Watch any new outlet genius.

I don't know what a "new outlet" is, but I just went on CNN.com and the entire front page was filled with stories related to to the terrorist attack. Not a single story on Winehouse.

Edit: oh wait, 3 stories at the very bottom.

Either way, lrn2news.

Not laughing at drug addiction, maybe you can't read. Still everyone knows what they are getting into with the drugs so I really can't feel sorry for them if they die from it. It is not like people don't know it can happen.

No I can read just fine. I never said you laughed at drug addiction, I said you disrespected them and their families by calling them "stupid junkies" and weighing the importance of her death against a completely different situation as if it's a contest.

Your rationale for drug addicts is so unbelievably stupid I'm not even going to bother.

I just went on Al Jazeera's English page and there isn't a single story about Winehouse on the front page. It's all about the terrorist attack in Norway. Keeping with fairness to the conservatives on this board (not that Al Jazeera English takes a political stance), I went on Drudge and there's one story about Winehouse and one story about the terror attack. In closing, you have no idea what you're talking about.

"NO YOURE RONG, DATS NOT SAD, THIS IS SAD."

If you are going to quote me then do so and don't make it up.
"No this is sad,and even more sad is the fact the media and most people seem to be more upset over a druggy pop singer. Typical of our culture."
That was the opening statement.
But the point was not to discredit her death though no it does not compare at all. Damn things should be put into perspective.

I just went on Al Jazeera's English page and there isn't a single story about Winehouse on the front page. It's all about the terrorist attack in Norway. Keeping with fairness to the conservatives on this board (not that Al Jazeera English takes a political stance), I went on Drudge and there's one story about Winehouse and one story about the terror attack. In closing, you have no idea what you're talking about.

And what exactly the fuck are you talking about....? Good job on spelling Al Jazeera though.... I'm impressed!

And what exactly the fuck are you talking about....? Good job on spelling Al Jazeera though.... I'm impressed!

Firstly, why wouldn't I spell it correctly? I don't understand where that jab comes from. Second of all read the thread for context. He said the Norwegian attack isn't represented enough in the news, and that the Winehouse death coverage is greater, the actual news outlets beg to differ.

I am not in the least bit surprised or sad over Amy Winehouse's passing. HOWEVER, there are people who loved her and were close to here who are grieving that their loved one is no longer with them. This is the tragedy in her death. The further tragedy is that certain people here are so out of touch with how serious drug addiction is that they would dare to call ANYONE a "stupid druggy." Do you truly understand the mechanics of addiction, J. Golden? If you did, I doubt you'd have been so careless with your words.

Yes, the goings-on in Norway are considerably more news-worthy than the death of a pop singer, HOWEVER, drug addiction should ALWAYS have attention brought to it, regardless of who it is that passed as a result. Whether pop singer or nameless addict, drug addiction is just as important and news-worthy as any murdering spree or terrorist attack. And -that- is why Ms. Winehouse's death is so important.

Well. Congratulations to everyone in this thread. You have all succeeded in marginalizing both Winehouse's death AND the attacks in Norway. Thumbs up, guys. Please continue with your reality internet debate.

tCp90.gif

Attention trolls, last time I checked, a human being is a human being and life/death isn't a competition.

you beat me to it.....

When I started this thread, it was simply to report a news item, related to music. Upon hearing the news about Norway, I went and reached out to some of my Norwegian friends on social media outlets to express my shock and horror over what happened there. Like Mr. Slumber said, it's not a competition.

I DO agree with Mr. Golden on the way it was reported here in the US. Hell, my local stations led with a weather story about bad assed storms, then Winehouse's death, THEN the situation in Norway. It was apalling to me as well. The news media in this country sure has its priorities skewed, in my opinion.

I never enviosioned this thread to end up like it has. It's like part of my current family rift, which partially started by me complaining about how shitty things have been lately, but then being told I have no right to complain because I didn't have cancer like a younger family member who shall remain nameless. This thread, like my family's holiday discussion, wasn't meant to be a fucking competition...

Um.. I'm actually really sad about her death. When I heard about it, I was driving back from my chiropractor appointment, so I don't know if the electricity in my muscles made me unusually emotional but I bawled when I heard she died. I think there's something especially tragic about someone dying when you KNOW they were probably going to die young, when you watch it happen on TV and in tabloids, and they don't want help. It's self destruction, magnified.

Then I feel even worse because she actually had a pretty good voice, and she let it go to waste with her addiction. There are so many who would kill for a shot to have what she had, and she threw it all away. I can't imagine what kind of terrible demon that addiction must have been for her, but to me, that's tragic.

Well. Congratulations to everyone in this thread. You have all succeeded in marginalizing both Winehouse's death AND the attacks in Norway. Thumbs up, guys. Please continue with your reality internet debate.

tCp90.gif

You are everyone in this thread, as well now. UR a total internet hero.

I never enviosioned this thread to end up like it has. It's like part of my current family rift, which partially started by me complaining about how shitty things have been lately, but then being told I have no right to complain because I didn't have cancer like a younger family member who shall remain nameless. This thread, like my family's holiday discussion, wasn't meant to be a fucking competition...

Dude I totally feel you there as well. I don't get how some people manage to breathe every day.

You are everyone in this thread, as well now. UR a total internet hero.

I wasn't going to respond because I would just be adding to the stupidity of this thread if I did but then I figured I would just respond to say I won't respond but by responding by saying I'm not going to respond would be responding anyway and then I thought...

yo%20dawg%20-%20dog%20-%20xzhibit.png

It's the internet, no one gives a fuck.