AN ACTUAL COOKING THREAD

i know liver is supposedly healthy as fuck (at least when from healthy animals) and im not usually very picky with food but i can't deal with the flavour or texture of the stuff

i'm a big stupid babby

leverpastej rules though and im not sure why

not a liver guy either tbh

this dude is though:
Tooms_Darkness.jpg

liver freaking rules ... chicken liver is pretty harmless ... goose liver, if you can find it, is the tastiest imo.
then we have calf liver which you can slice like steak.

sauteed with onions is THE way to eat it.

and liver paste ... i have that shit in my house all the time; like butter.

Just had my wisdom teeth removed so now I need to figure out how to eat without chewing or opening my mouth more than a centimeter for a few days. Tonights dinner will be lunchmeat and thin slices of cheese with a bit of guacamole rolled up into thin edible tubes. Later there will be a chocolate/rum milkshake.

tasty is my favourite taste
:kickass:
not a liver guy either tbh

this dude is though:
Tooms_Darkness.jpg
:lol:

I missed this thread in one of my characteristically long absences. I love to cook, although I tend to stick to a small handful of Personal FavoUrites or variations on my regular themes. I've been told my chili, breakfast burritos, and fried rice are quite good. My wife is a great cook and that is one of the big reasons I married her. In case she reads this (she lurks here in occasion) no that is not a joke, so dammit woman get back in the kitchen! :mad:

I will post pictures of the food my mother-in-law cooks next time I am over there. She makes absolute FEASTS and quite literally you can gain 5 pounds in one day if you aren't careful. That's not for holidays or special occasions, it's just how she is. It's the best form of torture imaginable, especially if you like Persian food.

Here is some photographic evidence of recently created meals (the photos suck, but the food was great):

xmasleftovers_zpsb2215b08.jpg

This was Christmas Dinner Leftovers from my parents, I turned a slab o' ham and some veggies into POTATO WITH MAGIC and it was good. This type of stir fry thing constitutes 75% of my cooking, it generally works and I'm prohibitively lazy, so there you go.

chili_zps2f5cbf04.jpg

Here is batch #23589 of my Inadvertently Vegan Chili. I call it that because I came up with a recipe and halfway through eating it the first time I said "hey, this is vegan" so some of my meatless friends have since enjoyed it. I've also recently started making it with BEEF, but the one key ingredient remains beer. It's amazing how the character of it changes the most based on what beer I use.

I fully endorse the usage of cayenne pepper in every god damn thing I cook. :headbang:

This type of stir fry thing constitutes 75% of my cooking

same... Veggie rice with just spices, looots of garlic, a bit of soy sauce and Cabernet Sauvignon is a treat that basically requires zero cooking skills beyond not slicing your fingers to bits when chopping the vegetables.

Pretty sure I'd like the recipe for that chili stuff. Do you use IPA?

I fully endorse the usage of cayenne pepper in every god damn thing I cook

I use Espelette pepper most everywhere, that thing is the king of spices

I'm about to embark on this: http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/03/wheres-crust-pizza.html?m=1

sans pepperoni, ham, and sausage.

i've done pretty much that recipe several times, the one i used was sans cream cheese and with more parmesan though. it's mostly just grated parmesan and eggs (edit: and a little cream, iirc)

i recommend it, it's the next best thing to actual pizza. it gets a little soggy but the flavour is A+.

i've made pizza crusts with almond and coconut flour too but they're always too dry and don't taste great. cheese crusts are much better

btw i made a real actual chili (no vegan bs) a couple days ago

with moose meat, and instead of beer, this time i used beef bone broth i made myself

and lots of anchos and chipotles

fuckin good shit

I don't know which I like better, in terms of sheer entertainment: vegan militancy or anti-vegan militancy. It's really funny to watch those two camps go at it as I eat Broccoli Surprise with them one day and then Double Bacon Deliciousness the next.

MEAT IS MURDER v. EAT MEAT, YOU FAGGOT

Diet wars seem to be very much in style these days, and I must admit there are very few things I won't eat, so it really is quite entertaining. When it all comes down to it I have one basic rule when it comes to eating:

Food = Good
Pretty sure I'd like the recipe for that chili stuff. Do you use IPA?
I have not used an IPA yet, unless I did but forgot. I use a different beer almost every time, and usually drink beer with it as well (one for you, one for me, etc.) so I might have but just don't remember. Stouts and strong ales have worked the best so far, the only bad batch was with Guinness. That was bitter and weird.

30ish oz. kidney beans
30ish oz. mater sauce
lots of spices (cayenne pepper, Spike, and many others)
half a yellow onion
12ish oz. meat or "meat"
36 oz. beer (12 oz. for chili, 24 oz. for chef)

Combine kidneys, tomato sauce, and spices, cook kinda low. Saute onions, throw them in there when done. Brown up the meat, throw that in there when done. Stir for a few minutes, then add the beer, heat that shit up and boil off the liquid with it covered, stirring frequently. Once it gets thick again simmer for at least 30 minutes but usually the longer the better. I'm generally pretty hungry at this point so I say RAWR and eat that shit around the 40 minute mark.

I used Soy Chorizo for awhile but now I'm using ground beef. I used to split the batches in half and make Regular and Ultra (heat levels) but now I just do one and fry up some jalapenos on the side for my bowl. The Soy Chorizo already has 400 spices so doesn't require much additional, but when I go beef I'll season the sauce/beans/onions and beef/soylent with two different factions of spice awesomeness.

EDIT: Oh yeah and garlic, bell peppers, tomato chunks, and more have all made it into my chili. I don't really cook the same way twice so it's really whatever I think sounds good at the time, but this recipe makes a good baseline for experimentation. I do wholeheartedly recommend a fried egg and leftover chili for breakfast the next morning no matter what you do.

this was my last chili:

moose loin, cubed, browned in ghee and beef tallow
lots of smoked chilis, cut/crushed and boiled in water til deep reddish brown, pour all that stuff into the pot with the meat
then brown three onions + five or so cloves of garlic and add them too i guess
fill 'er up with bone broth
a little bit of cumin and a little bit of coriander
wait several hours

as basic as they come but: yum yum

I had me a v. nice moose steak and some various rooty thingies in the oven for dinner today, and now as a biological experiment I do alternate sipping on a protein shake and a mohawk blizzard as workout recovery combo.