AN ACTUAL COOKING THREAD

Tonight was the first time I heard it, it just arrived the other day. It seemed like perfectly fitting chili cookin' music, and it were, oh it were indeed.

Gates = cans of mater sauce = opened

I don't have full documentation but my wife and I hosted Thanksgiving this year, which wasn't the massive undertaking we expected, but at the same time, we have never had to clean so many god damn dishes throughout one day. It was awesome and I would like to do it again. Here are a few step-by-step guides for some key things:

How to make a turkey:

turkey1_zps1dffd4de.jpg

1) Roast that shit.

How to make the gravy:

turkey2_zps1e8641ff.jpg

1) Thank the beast for sacrificing its heart, which you shall then boil.

Other things to accomplish:

turkey3_zpse7abb785.jpg

1) Yes.

Trader Joe's certified with all kinds higher education degrees like that, yes. And it was a 16 pound bird, not huge but plenty big. Since there were only 5 of us, I've been eating nothing but turkey ever since. Turkey and egg surprise, turkey salad, straight up cold turkey, and I think today I'm going to try turkey quesadillas. If that doesn't kill off the rest of it, turkey shakes tomorrow!

Hey does anyone use cast iron? I found 4 such things in my garage years ago and finally decided to clean/season them. After a month of only cooking veggies to get the seasoning nice and hard, I can now cook regular sausage/egg/cheese/awesome and other things upon them. It tastes better and is a lot more fun. Old flavors creep into every new meal, you have to use heavy oven mitts to keep from burning thyself, and you get to cook your food on BLACK FUCKING IRON, which is clearly metal as fuck.

I have no photographic evidence. Cast iron is like a vampire, it does not reflect in any mirrors, nor will it appear in celluloid. Anyone else cooking this way?

i use true black cast iron exclusively

got two regular size skillets, a cute small one, a wok, two pots, and a "grillpanna"

fuck non-stick bullshit forever

Making fucking lamb-burgers (using cast iron, bitches) with Greek yogurt dressing and feta cheese. And running RuinTen IPA, which is delicious

I've only consumed one lamb burger. And I will never, ever forget it. It had two slabs of brie cheese atop its glorious patty. Holy living fuck.

doesn't lamb stink?
I mean as far as I know - only people from countryside who breed those and know how to deal with them can cook them well, so it's actually good and doesn't bring you a feeling like you're chewing on sheep's ass... it's a complicated kind of meat.

aubergines stuffed with chicken and mushrooms. aubergines is love
10413118_1516776158534257_1632779529_n.jpg

doesn't lamb stink?
I mean as far as I know - only people from countryside who breed those and know how to deal with them can cook them well, so it's actually good and doesn't bring you a feeling like you're chewing on sheep's ass... it's a complicated kind of meat.

Mutton tastes like worn shoes, and your description applies well to eating grown sheep meat. Not even sure those who raise them can cook mutton well (in my experience) but lamb is relatively delicate and proper seasoning makes it a rich and enjoyable experience.

^ also that looks damn tasty.

my fave breakfast lately - eggs on a base of fried onions with carrots and mushrooms (optionally) and tomato sauce. Plus some grilled bread = paradise!

1402216611_626025_58.jpg

Made the blandest chili I ever consumed earlier today. First attempt at tackling the cuisine from scratch, and the flavor was nowhere to be found. Followed the recipe pretty much to a tee, aside from subbing beef for ground bison. Went uber heavy on the garlic (6 cloves), reeking like a fooqin Armo at the moment.

Was excited to cook up a pre fight tri-tip today, but fuggin thing was frozen. This a slab of USDA Grade A Prime, none of that Chernobyl Farms Food For Less shoe leather.

Last go around legit hit it out of the park. Went with a teriyaki based marinade. Cooked to perfection. Now im up against the turn buckle being chopped by Ric Flair worried that ths Texas Tri will be meat deserving of another name. Just slathered a dry rub on this frost bitten beef cut, and hoping for the best.
20210327-132510.jpg

Stay Tuned...

Not cooking per se, but we made sushi for the first time in a long time. This was vegetarian. We're still working on the technique, but we plan to buy some sashimi from the Asian grocery store and try various combinations. Twas quite the oriental delight.

sushi.jpg