AN ACTUAL COOKING THREAD

just tonight i had some chili,

or so they called it,​

at a local pub/bar/restaurant/thing​

way too many fucking tomatoes.

way too few chilis​

that's bs. :mad:

I used 6 different kinds of chilis in mine. Guajillo, Arbol, Ancho, Chipotle, New Mexico, and Habanero. Ground beef and stew meat cut into 1/3-1/2 inch cubes or so...along with everything else under the kitchen sink from coffee, sierra nevada stout, onions, green bell pepper, garlic, black pepper, cumin, tomato paste/diced tomatoes, and a dash of cinnamon and liquid smoke (and juuuust enough red kidney beans & pink beans...I dont like too many beans in my chili).

Cream cheese pound cake made from scratch. F'n good. Shoulda just made a bunch of these for my wedding!

562181_10151779493403998_864649445_n.jpg

that's bs. :mad:

I used 6 different kinds of chilis in mine. Guajillo, Arbol, Ancho, Chipotle, New Mexico, and Habanero. Ground beef and stew meat cut into 1/3-1/2 inch cubes or so...along with everything else under the kitchen sink from coffee, sierra nevada stout, onions, green bell pepper, garlic, black pepper, cumin, tomato paste/diced tomatoes, and a dash of cinnamon and liquid smoke (and juuuust enough red kidney beans & pink beans...I dont like too many beans in my chili).

i'd eat the hell out of that

sounds really excellent (personally i don't put beans in my chili but i don't really mind them)

Making some chili.

Listening to Powerslave.

Vacation starts tomorrow night.

Hell the fuck yeah.

Since I need to go to the market for milk this morn, going to grab myself some baby backs, for an impromptu slow cook romp. I'm pretty much going to make these Islamic nightmares the same way I make pulled pork. Douse the lads in A & W rootbeer, put the lid over them, and go to sleep. Upon rising, a slathering of Sweet Baby Ray's shall glisten their exterior. Hmm...

Going to start going hard as a motherfucker with the crock. Whole chicken, pot roasts, briskets, sweet potaters, split pea soup, chili, yadda yadda, all on the horizon.

Douse the lads in A & W rootbeer

classic american cooking

hey guys how should we cook this porJUST THROW A FUCKIN CAN OF SODA IN THERE

well how about this chicken, what's the best way to cook a whole chSTUFF A CAN OF FUCKIN BUD IN IT BRO

okay but what should i use for barbecue marinadCOKE

lol

well i don't mind, you keep on doing what you do

i just find it funny is all

chili + beer = THE ONLY WAY TO FLY

I learned that trick from a fat woman riding one of those mower/cart things at the local store some 20 years ago. She was really gross, but somehow I kept ending up in the same aisle as her, and she kept mumbling "I need beer for my chili, where's the beer for my chili, gotta get beer: for the chili," etc.

15 years later I finally made my own chili. And used beer of course. Weird fat old mumbling white ladies give good cooking advice. They don't get fat by not eating, that's for damn sure.

The baby backs came out divinely, may pick up another slab after work. Meat fell right off the bone, I couldn't even take it out of the pot without it splitting apart. :D

NAD's How To Make Chili chili making how-to by NAD.

171c2c97-497a-4b3e-9d2b-7ae43ba68c64_zpsb226ccc8.jpg

Prepare key ingredients: heavy metal, beer, and other less important things.

609447a2-8b26-48d9-b83b-a002d8d2cc39_zps4f029f84.jpg

Cook, etc.

bb38505b-b5ea-4894-893b-ed44e84457db_zpsf01e1d77.jpg

Drown that filthy whore of a meal in alcohol.

c7aa4e22-8282-478b-bd18-5cd18b54c430_zps8a6c4d70.jpg

Apply cheese, then eat.