An artist and song that deserves its own thread.

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Some of you (Warrel, Karen) know about her already... In fact, it was Warrel that clued me in over a year ago.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QpRCK1IbiE&feature=related[/ame]

Enjoy.

I love her, she's fucking magical.
I'm so glad she's making albums again.

When I was little, my dad discovered the Book of Secrets album, and I was captivated by her. Still am.

I'm going against my thread crank status to say that the DVD Nights from the Alhambra (which the topic post video is on) is pretty good. They showed it on PBS in a rare moment of non suckiness.

This was mentioned by Derick. Perhaps Will hasn't got her autograph, so he assumed she wasn't ridiculously famous.

What? I was mocking when I was saying that. Dennis was the one ranting about this thread in IRC yesterday. hah!

Why must you bring me into this crap music fest? :(

I had tickets to one of her shows on my desk about two years ago, without having heard of her before. Looked her up and spontaneously decided to go. Almost fell asleep after a few beers... But not out of boredom, rather the mesmerizing nature of the music.

Much better than most of that cliché ridden pseudo-celtic crap that's around.

I like her music because it's whatever she wants it to be. It's more folk/world music, not really Celtic specifically. She also travels to the areas she's writing the album about which really captures the cultural sound.

I also love her for taking old poems and stories and turning them into these wonderfully moody songs. Lots of work goes into her music.

Yeah, exactly. Of course there are recurring characteristics, but it doesn't cater to one style or audience specifically. Calling it "world music" feels almost like an insult to her work, considering how absolutely redundant a lot of that so called "world music" is. She gives a lesson in executing border- and timeless music with passion and sincerity.

yeah know her, stuff and her concert in spain got that on dvd,a dn cd....

check out celtic woman the singers as well.

Yeah, exactly. Of course there are recurring characteristics, but it doesn't cater to one style or audience specifically. Calling it "world music" feels almost like an insult to her work, considering how absolutely redundant a lot of that so called "world music" is. She gives a lesson in executing border- and timeless music with passion and sincerity.

Hence the reason why I hate categorizing music..it is what it is. I also suck at it/ don't really care, heh. My simplified genre for Lorenna & Nevermore="really fucking good".