An Emperor forum

Kushantaiidan

SPASIBA AX.
an emperor forum hosted here would be good.

and that's all I have to say about that.

anyway... Seeing the band is finished, there is a lot of amazing material to talk about, such as the band members past works, there future projects and the sheer complexity of Emperor's music. Or isn't emperor suited to these forums?

just an idea..

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
I dare say Promethius is AS GOOD AS AN OPETH ALBUM.

I think I might agree with you on this. It's unique sound gives it an edge taht all the opeth albums seem to have. Actually, some parts even sound like riffs Opeth might have played. But it still worlds beyond opeth in terms of complexity and aggression. Not that that makes it better in anyway though, just great in it's own way.

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
Well, until a forum is created.. this will be the emperor thread...

because I can't stop listening, and I dare say Promethius is AS GOOD AS AN OPETH ALBUM.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: How dare you??????????????????????
Am I the only one who thinks that emperor have become hmmm let's say not to so impressive....
Almost all the black metal parts at Prometheus sound a bit fucked up... as for IXEquilibrium...hmmmm I hope someday I will manage to make some money by selling this vinyl-flop.... :D
this and Iced earth's "Sth wicked this way comes"

Anyway an Emperor forum would be nice....yet I can't say they are so supreme anymore....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Melancholia

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: How dare you??????????????????????
Am I the only one who thinks that emperor have become hmmm let's say not to so impressive....
Almost all the black metal parts at Prometheus sound a bit fucked up... as for IXEquilibrium...hmmmm I hope someday I will manage to make some money by selling this vinyl-flop.... :D
this and Iced earth's "Sth wicked this way comes"

Anyway an Emperor forum would be nice....yet I can't say they are so supreme anymore....:rolleyes:
]

I'll agree with you in that IXEquilibrium was there most crudgiest effort. But the goodness of Promethius isn't due to whether it's black metal or not, it's the music, not the style of music.

The problem is when most bands change style, they usually change for the worse, and find themselves incapable of playing GOOD music in that style..

But in MY opinion... they DID pull it off.

Prometheus is an amazing album and is only second to Katatonia's new one.

Nevertheless, it would be absolutely fitting to have an Emperor forum.

Ihsahn is a genius, plain and simple.

I'm not sure if you've heard Katatonia before, so it's difficult to describe to you.

The album is, basically, amazing. The songs are all despressive and dark, yet beautiful, subtle and melodic.

Stand out tracks include: Teargas, Tonight's Music, and Sweet Nurse.

"What is it in my eyes, a piece of broken glass?
Now I know it's teargas in my eyes."

- 'Teargas' Katatonia.

I've heard a lot of their songs.

And I've given them a fair go.

They are repetitive and boring, there are good riffs, but one riff lasts for the whole song. The songs aren't progresive, they seem static, seem to go nowhere, and his voice lacks dynamics.

Is their new album any different?

They are repetitive and boring. :cry: What is this everyone's first impression? Repetitive? Yeah. (I like it though) Boring? Nah. I wouldn't go that far. What'd you listen to?

There are good riffs, but one riff lasts for the whole song. :heh: I know...it's crazy. (I like that too) The same dark twisted riff over and over...I know...this is exactly why you didn't like it. :rolleyes:

Is their new album any different? Most definitely. I think the band has progressed over the year dramatically. Hear some off their new one soon. Last Fair Deal Gone Down. ;)

"Once again I've cried unto the moon."

KATATONIA are fucking awesome, they don't give a great first impression to many people at all, but then did everyone have a good first impression of Opeth. Katatonia take awhile to get into for most people and theres always loads to learn from their newest album (LFDGD) one of the best this year.