What the deal with emperor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
serial killer said:
oh shit where to start? C.o.F., 1349, diessection, dimmu borger, hypocraciy, mental horror, ravencult, venom, old man's child etc. you want me to go on my knowlage of metal far surpasses yours I was headbangin to metallica probally when you were still shitin' in your huggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :worship: I AM THE METAL GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

serial killer said:
ok ever since I joined this forum all I heard was emperor this, emperor that! now there an all right band, pretty creative and all but they aint really THAT good. alll I see is abunch of cattle trying to look like they know underground so they spout bands that have already got mentioned like "OH YEAH, I LOVE THEM TO!!!!" but I could be wrong maybe you all see somthing in them just Idont. find some new bands to talk about please cause I tired of hearing about the same band constanly.

Ever since you joined this forum? Your join date was yesterday (August 4th). I lurk on many forums on UM and this is the first Emperor thread I've seen! Get your head out of your arse! When your done doing that...Go enroll in Adult school. Dumbfuck dropout.

Neat. A high school equivalency school.

Also, yay for trolls.
dozey.gif

serial killer said:
oh shit where to start? C.o.F., 1349, diessection, dimmu borger, hypocraciy, mental horror, ravencult, venom, old man's child etc. you want me to go on my knowlage of metal far surpasses yours I was headbangin to metallica probally when you were still shitin' in your huggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :worship: I AM THE METAL GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
atleast you didnt say mayhem or darkthrone.
~gR~

serial killer said:
woah you included COF in a list of black metal bands....Im confused o_O o_O

Heres a quote from a friend of mine
emperor is a great but, however it is better that everyone doest talk about them all the time. that is NOT what underground bands are about. i wouldnt say something like that about mayhem mercyful fate or celtic frost, i dont want everyone to know who those bands are, if u want to tell eveyone how much u like a band go t some faggot slipknot page or some other nu metal douche bag bands. speak sparingly of good underground bands, bcuz we dont want them in the mainstream liek the incredibly retarded cradle of faggot filth. keep underground unknown to the poseurs and queers who live their lives listening 2 gay nu metal and tell them to die

Disagreed, extreme underground metal is not meant for everyone though it kicks enough ass as it is. Why metal is flourishing so much in the underground is because few people really understand what it's about. I'm not saying the mainstream scene is bad(although it mostly is), it's just that some bands are better unheard of.

As with Emperor, it hasn't been mentioned in this forum much. You're a lousy troll, go shoot yourself. COF can eat the crust off my ass.

"Another problem - people who listen to music just as entertainment are not good for music, they encourage populism and stagnation, not innovation and real quality. Every interesting, innovative release in black metal that I've heard has been written by people who are serious about their ideologies. They want the music to progress as an artform, not to just please the ear of some halfwits who only listen for fun. "

I think it was Guardian of Darkness who said this.

genocide roach said:
no way!

but im not gonna argue. if ya dig it, cool. i cant stand it. i need more than 4 chords a song :loco:
~gR~

haha, hopefully you mean riffs. That would make sense. Because 4 chords in a song would be extremely boring. 2-3 riffs could easily make a song. Not a complex song, which some people would prefer. People have different taste especially when it comes to complex and simple things in music. some people like cock and ball torture due to the fact their music is simple. some people like Iron Maiden for their more complex songs.

Well, Emperor does have a big profile on Allmusic guide, including pictures and full reviews for every album. That can tell you something.

Random tidbit: Last winter at my hightschool, Mayhem became a big thing. Someone found out about the Count and told everyone, so for a week, Mayhem was the topic of discussion at school. It was fun really, all the drugs/rap talk was put aside for awhile. I already had heard plenty of their music beforehand, so it was intresting to hear what people who didn't even know what black metal was, had to say.

Caelum Adustum said:
"Another problem - people who listen to music just as entertainment are not good for music, they encourage populism and stagnation, not innovation and real quality. Every interesting, innovative release in black metal that I've heard has been written by people who are serious about their ideologies. They want the music to progress as an artform, not to just please the ear of some halfwits who only listen for fun. "

I think it was Guardian of Darkness who said this.

100% agree with this statement!

Status
Not open for further replies.