Black Metal In School

Susperia said:
Funny they said that, since you know, Satan is a mythological being that sprung forth from the minds of Christians thousands of years ago, and is himself part of the Christian faith.

Er, no. Christians weren't around thousands of years ago and Satan wasn't invented at the same time as Christianity anyway, he's a rather more recent invention.

Susperia said:
Funny they said that, since you know, Satan is a mythological being that sprung forth from the minds of Christians thousands of years ago, and is himself part of the Christian faith.

True, but that's the logic of the people from my school; "it's only fair"

Personally, Id rather not have ANY religion-affiliated band play

Stormwatch said:
Er, no. Christians weren't around thousands of years ago and Satan wasn't invented at the same time as Christianity anyway, he's a rather more recent invention.
Agreed.

haha pink hair

and nudity is the only tr00 kvlt, you faggots

Father Belial said:
Basically I mean it this way:

We have this christian band playng at our school on Friday. During school were supposed to have some assembly where we see the band. In one of my classes, we got into a discussion about how it wasn't fair to be forced to listen to a christian band. Someone in the class said that if they have a christian band play, they should have a "satan" band play next week, and someone proceeded to suggest Dimmu Borgir.

I simply used that as an example to show that Dimmu Borgir is as far as our schools comprehension of black metal goes..

well then were in the fuck is the average person going to hear anything besides dimmu. If you listen to rap, or just plain rock, punk, jazz, or whatever, you are most likely going to skip over that Nargaroth cd at the cd store. Plus you can't even find good BM in stores.

One day Black Metal fans are going to realize something the majority of them don't, No one gives a fuck about black metal. Seriously, no one gives a shit. Im fine with that though, I listen to what I like and don't care what other people think. Metal, especially black metal isn't appealing to many people, For reasons I understand. There is more to life.

Black metal isn't even appealing to metal fans FFS. I mean, have you read any interviews with Jon Notveidt or those sort of nutcases in Terrorizer? Do me a favour....
I like the music some of these bands create, but like you say, most people don't give a fuck.

BlackMetalTyrant said:
One day Black Metal fans are going to realize something the majority of them don't, No one gives a fuck about black metal. Seriously, no one gives a shit. Im fine with that though, I listen to what I like and don't care what other people think. Metal, especially black metal isn't appealing to many people, For reasons I understand. There is more to life.
One day people are going to realise that no one really gives a fuck if no one gives a fuck about black metal. Who cares if people don't give a fuck. I'll still listen to it. There are still lots of people in this world who want to listen to / perform black metal so it won't ever die out.

DE said:
are the absolute fucking morons in this thread alone not proof enough that this is already happening :confused:
That's pretty much what i was attempting to draw attention to. The more this thread goes on the more obvious it is too. everyone is quick to critisize scenesters, yet they are willing to draw attention to themselves to prove just how dark they are (i'm a satanist, i hate christians, i'm dark and into dying and stuff). This is the kind of stuff i'm talking about. People wearing black clothes and worshipping satan. what the hell? Metal is about music not style. Wake the fuck up!

If any of this has been said before, I'm sorry but I'm too lazy to read the other 3 middle pages

Well, as the only metalhead in school (most of the people I go to school with are hardcore or emo *shudder*, and I define metalhead as someone who listens to real metal and not that nu-metal crap) and one who is a recent convert to black metal, all I can say is I hear your pain. I started on COF, then moved onto Dimmu Borgir (most people I know barely know Cradle of Filth, let alone Dimmu), Emperor, etc. untill I'm listening to the real satanic stuff like Hellhammer, Celtic Frost and Dark Funeral. I would just like to point out that, even though I like black metal, I am not a purist so no "OMFG DARK FUNERAL IZNT BLAK METAL UBER N00B LOL" please.

The subject of dark music comes up at school. I'm spitting out black metal bands and getting blank stares. People start throwing around bands like 'The Used' and 'Simple Plan' and get nods left right and center. I start protesting on the grounds that emo music isn't dark, rather whingey. A few people murmer in agreement. Then someone says "Yeh, Alex is right! Metal bands are WAY darker! Take Slipknot for example!!!"

I run off, barf, then slap the emos, shake my head at the grungers, and laugh at some gothic kid worshipping Satan, touching up his make up and listening to orchestral music. What has the world come to? I have to agree with Bezerker in that, even though no one gives half a fuck about black metal, who cares? Its great stuff to listen to (even if I don't take it too seriously) and I don't care if people call me a goth or a satanist (HAHAHA I dress like any normal person would and I'm an athiest to the core) because my choice of music is my own. It would just be nice to have someone to talk about it with...

Stormwatch said:

Satan is just a symbol.

harryhash said:
If any of this has been said before, I'm sorry but I'm too lazy to read the other 3 middle pages

Well, as the only metalhead in school (most of the people I go to school with are hardcore or emo *shudder*, and I define metalhead as someone who listens to real metal and not that nu-metal crap) and one who is a recent convert to black metal, all I can say is I hear your pain. I started on COF, then moved onto Dimmu Borgir (most people I know barely know Cradle of Filth, let alone Dimmu), Emperor, etc. untill I'm listening to the real satanic stuff like Hellhammer, Celtic Frost and Dark Funeral. I would just like to point out that, even though I like black metal, I am not a purist so no "OMFG DARK FUNERAL IZNT BLAK METAL UBER N00B LOL" please.

The subject of dark music comes up at school. I'm spitting out black metal bands and getting blank stares. People start throwing around bands like 'The Used' and 'Simple Plan' and get nods left right and center. I start protesting on the grounds that emo music isn't dark, rather whingey. A few people murmer in agreement. Then someone says "Yeh, Alex is right! Metal bands are WAY darker! Take Slipknot for example!!!"

I run off, barf, then slap the emos, shake my head at the grungers, and laugh at some gothic kid worshipping Satan, touching up his make up and listening to orchestral music. What has the world come to? I have to agree with Bezerker in that, even though no one gives half a fuck about black metal, who cares? Its great stuff to listen to (even if I don't take it too seriously) and I don't care if people call me a goth or a satanist (HAHAHA I dress like any normal person would and I'm an athiest to the core) because my choice of music is my own. It would just be nice to have someone to talk about it with...

i'm happy for you, Alex, way to be an individual! you don't give a fuck what anyone thinks and u r atheist 2 tha core! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

yeah man and those grungers....i hate those guys, always wearing their flannel and not taking showers and listening to pearl jam. when are they going to realize that metallica rawks way harder?!

The concept of satan has been around for a long time. One of the earlier satanistic sects were in existance (and tolerance of Jewish society) as early as 1000 BC (or at least thats what I remember it as). I can't remember the name of the sect, but I remember it was an offshoot of Judaism. They worshipped Lucifer as the highest of angels. Basically, in the beginning God layed down the rules, first and foremost that he was the one true God. Then he went on with angels being bound to his will, the laws of creation etc. One day, God decided to test his angels. He ordered them to worship another god. They all complied, except for Lucifer. When Lucifer was questioned as to why he wouldn't worship this other god, he dutifully replied in order to meet that request, he would have to break the number 1 rule, which he refused to do. In doing so, he proved himself worthy of guarding the damned as the counterpart of God, as higher than all the angels.

What a nice story ;)

harryhash said:
It would just be nice to have someone to talk about it with...

christ wouldnt it! i have one mate who listens to slayer, and a girl in my class listens to (is obsessed with rather) slipknot:yuk: i dont really like slayer much, and slipknot.... well, lets say if they all fell off a cliff i wouldnt be half as sad as when dimebag was shot. no one else at my school knows anythig about heavy metal, let alone black metal. i listen to opeth and i get bagged out for it. i wear normal clothes, dont have tatoos covering my body, no piercings... im normal enough to look at but as soon as someone finds out what music i listen to, they freak out. i dont care, i mean i dont advertise the music i listen to, but i dont mind if people find out, because if they dont like me because i listen to metal, then fuck them. i just get sick of the stereotyping.

biggsy said:
christ wouldnt it! i have one mate who listens to slayer, and a girl in my class listens to (is obsessed with rather) slipknot:yuk: i dont really like slayer much, and slipknot.... well, lets say if they all fell off a cliff i wouldnt be half as sad as when dimebag was shot. no one else at my school knows anythig about heavy metal, let alone black metal. i listen to opeth and i get bagged out for it. i wear normal clothes, dont have tatoos covering my body, no piercings... im normal enough to look at but as soon as someone finds out what music i listen to, they freak out. i dont care, i mean i dont advertise the music i listen to, but i dont mind if people find out, because if they dont like me because i listen to metal, then fuck them. i just get sick of the stereotyping.
I feel that. Opeth are one of the first metal bands I got into (via BWP) and I lost a lot of people I considered friends just because they thought I would turn goth and with the whole Columbine thing still fresh in people's minds...I guess I freaked some people out. At least I learnt who my true friends were, and although I've moved half a continent away, I still stay in touch with those guys...

Where abouts you live anyways? I see you're from Aus, I'm guessing Sydney coz the metal scene still looks pretty strong there.

Nice, people without a clue discuss about something were they didn´t know anything about. Get out and read a few books, first some about history, than about different religions (I suggest you to don´t start with the bible), than get into philosophys aspects of religion and compare it to the modern live of today. Than define for yourself what Satan is.