Black Metal classics

<i>I don't think I will use this CD for working out or on the drive to work, but it will definetly serve its purpose.</i>

I was working out to Burzum's first album last night.. put me in a hypnotic stairmaster trance...

I tried, but sadly Burzum does not appeal to me. Maybe I'm not dangerous, although I do drive without my seatbelt. Talk about a rush.

Oh yeah, well I once listened to an entire Limp Bizkit album.....and survived. Now that's livin' on the edge.

You might want to explore the bands that were before Emperor, Burzum, and Immortal.

Such as Thou Shalt Suffer(Emperor), Satanized(Dissection), Old Funeral(Burzum, with some members of Immortal, I think, not for sure though)

My usual exercise is clubbing orc's heads, but I couldn't find any orcs around, so stairmaster it is. And if you ever look at my "now playing" box you will find I'm not the typical black metal consumer either..

And if you ever look at my "now playing" box you will find I'm not the typical black metal consumer either..
Yeah, me too! I think I've only had metal in my "now playing" two times or something! Black metal is kind of my "main" genre in metal, but metal only takes up 7-8% of my record collection (which consists of 1059 records at the moment). Although I like a lot of metal, there's so much else I would rather listen to.

Cradle of Filth? try Cradle of Shit! i say they suck becasue their singer sings like a girl and they were on MTV2. Dimmu Borgir is great, I recommend Enthrone Darkness Triumphant. Old Man's Child is kick ass, try Ill-Natured Spiritual Invasion. Immortals new cd is awesome too. i recommend all of these!!!

Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, and Old Man's Child have hardly released any classics. Although, one may argue that 'The Principle of Evil Made Flesh' is a classic, it is hardly so.

Originally posted by phyre

Well.. There will be no next album. Prometheus was Emperor's farewell. No more Emperor. Probably for the best...

I don't really think that's gonna be so. To explain what I mean, go through the catalogue of King Crimson. I suspect that Ihsahn will develop a project or maybe more than that which will demand the name "Emperor" to reappear, but may sound NOTHING like the primary albums (ep/Wrath through Prometheus). Yet, the name will continue as a force of top quality harsh explorations of Progression in music for many many many years to come.

Burzum is lame as hell. First of all he was just a second rate studio bassist for Mayhem who couldn't fucking hack it. Then he went fucking crazy, have any of you ever read his manifesto? Elves with magic cloaks should be the only technology??? What the fuck?! Burzum is a fucking retard.