Black Metal

Originally posted by MacMoney
No, but since you can't recognize the originality and the revolutionizing quality of Burzum shows that you clearly don't know much about the subject and your statements here are quite clearly anti-black metal so I wonder what are you doing here.

so, what you're saying is..... i'm not knowledgeable unless i agree with you?

Originally posted by MacMoney
It is nice how you can talk so much and still not form one coherent argument. Say something relevant or shut up.

And I am not anti-Norway. I just recent the fact that everyone fellates the norwegian scene to no end although it has produced endless amounts of crap and there are other good places for black metal too.

You seem to be jelous or something regarding the the amount of credit norway getts when it comes to black metal
Now i agree Lots of countrys produce quality black metal not only norway.
im just tierd of your snappy remarks everytime someone mentions how great norway is when it comes to black metal.
people listen to Metal , inc black metal for varied reasons.. states of emotion , athmosphere , Gore you name it
alas what you do not consider black metal, does not actually rule as right if you know what i mean.
i do not wish to flame or what ever you call it,im just tierd of all this hype about what people think of certain bands etc..

take care

Originally posted by phyre
Do I understand your point? I thought what you were basically saying was that you had decided, without liking or knowing much about black metal, that Burzum wasn't revolutionary but only ripped off older bands (but funnily enough you can't seem to name any of them)

i don't need to. they've already been mentioned. you have read the rest of the thread, haven't you?

I think he is saying that a knowledgeable person would agree with him. I'm sure you can figure the rest out.

i'm sorry to hear that his cognitive facilities are that poor. my condolences to him and his family.

don't waste your time, phyre. He won't answer the question. He'll just say "liek go loook in da thred. burzum iz teh sux!!!!111. tHay R teh rippof!! OPEth iz teh WIN!!!"

Well, yeah. I could claim right here that Burzum is a Cradle of Filth ripoff. That doesn't make it true.

and that statement would only be as valid as your opinion. just like your opinion statement regarding burzum's originality/revolutionary nature. there is no true.

Originally posted by Dreamlord
don't waste your time, phyre. He won't answer the question. He'll just say "liek go loook in da thred. burzum iz teh sux!!!!111. tHay R teh rippof!! OPEth iz teh WIN!!!"
:lol:

i can only imagine how much of a shut-in you are.

I would just like to know what makes you think that we have "established that Burzum was ripping off earlier 'black metal' bands"? It sure does seem like you're doing your best to avoid the question.

He won't answer it. He'll just use name-calling ("shut-in", pure unwittiness) as a way to divert attention because he knows he is fighting a losing battle.

Originally posted by saturnix
so, what you're saying is..... i'm not knowledgeable unless i agree with you?

What I am saying is that if you can't see the fact that Burzum was very original and revolutionary for its time, you aren't very knowledgeable on that part of this subject.

You seem to be jelous or something regarding the the amount of credit norway getts when it comes to black metal
im just tierd of your snappy remarks everytime someone mentions how great norway is when it comes to black metal.
people listen to Metal , inc black metal for varied reasons.. states of emotion , athmosphere , Gore you name it
alas what you do not consider black metal, does not actually rule as right if you know what i mean.
i do not wish to flame or what ever you call it,im just tierd of all this hype about what people think of certain bands etc..

I'm not jealous of anything. It is just a bit tiresome to see people praise off a scene and disregarding the rest while the only thing they have actually heard is just some random bands from Norway.

markgugs said:
Wow, this thread is still going? What is it, the kult Energizer (TM) bunny?

No, just some random bored person resurrecting a long dead thread and a new disagreement stemmed from it.

np: Order From Chaos - Forsake Me This Mortal Coil