Black Metal classics

Well, I'm 6'5", so I need a tall girl. My girlfriend would need some practice at the brutal vocals. Death metal is not really her thing, but she's young (21), so there's plenty of time to teach her. Angela is like 25-27 i think, so I've got a few years.

i really need help with this please help me. there is a faggit gangster who says that metal sucks it should be dead. i am asking people to e-mail him just put ;ljsdhga;sgh;h is the mail but just e-mail him please for the love of metal do it for ur favorite band please thank you his e-mail is dee_jay_etc1@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Darkest_Day21
i really need help with this please help me. there is a faggit gangster who says that metal sucks it should be dead. i am asking people to e-mail him just put ;ljsdhga;sgh;h is the mail but just e-mail him please for the love of metal do it for ur favorite band please thank you his e-mail is dee_jay_etc1@hotmail.com

You will most certainly achieve a greater degree of success and satisfaction out of life if you took care of your own problems. There will be times when mommy and daddy won't be there for you, not to mention the ultimatemetal.com forum; do it for "ur" favorite band and show some self-reliance!

I am listening to Burzum "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" as we speak. I think it is a great CD. It is kind of like Khanate for me. Sometimes I get the urge to sink back in a chair and become engulfed in the darkness. Burzum does a great job of creating that for me. I don't think I will use this CD for working out or on the drive to work, but it will definetly serve its purpose.

I also love the Dissection "Storm of the Lights Band/Where Dead Angels Lie" CD I just purchased. Great stuff. I will work out to this one.

Ulver "Bergtatt" is an amazing CD as well. I will definetly delve deeper into these guys.

Don't make fun of me for being a little behind on my black metal. I probably have more knowledge of American death metal and noisecore than most of you.

Anyway. . . thanks for the suggestions everybody. I will definetly be getting more black metal classics.

Well I'm glad you like Dissection and Ulver. I didn't like Burzum at all, but I'm glad someone does.

HA HA, you're WAY behind on black metal POSER. ;)

More knowledge on American death metal? Hmmmm....maybe. I might be tied with you there. My specialty is Swedish, Irish, Norwegian, and Finnish metal.

More knowledge on noisecore? You definitely beat me there. I don't know shit.

Enjoy the new music. It only gets better.

I must be the only person who likes awful black vocals (like Burzum) but not the music. Kewl. Symphonic black metal and plain black music are far more successful imo than anything 'true'.

Personally, of all the newer more symphonic stuff I have heard, I think bands like Aborym and Anaal Nathrakh are way better. The more symphonic stuff like Dimmu Borgir is practically a different genre.

By the way, I actually like Burzum's vocals.

Originally posted by Dreamlord
Well I'm glad you like Dissection and Ulver. I didn't like Burzum at all, but I'm glad someone does.

HA HA, you're WAY behind on black metal POSER. ;)

More knowledge on American death metal? Hmmmm....maybe. I might be tied with you there. My specialty is Swedish, Irish, Norwegian, and Finnish metal.

More knowledge on noisecore? You definitely beat me there. I don't know shit.

Enjoy the new music. It only gets better.

I'm not THAT new to black metal. I probably only have 20 albums of the stuff, but I have never been able to blow my money on the older stuff. The classics. . .

Originally posted by npearce
I'm thinking about buying Filosofem and Det Som En Gang Var, or whatever they are called. Any thoughts on either of those?
Det Some En Gang Var is the better of the two IMO, and the second best Burzum (HLTO as 1st of course). I'm not a big fan of Filosfem but it is ok at least..

Emeperor suits their band name well indeed , its one of the best BM bands out there definetly (even tough theres some vocals that sounds power metal on equilibrium and that prometheus is way too much melodic) another real brutal BM
band is lord belial.

Originally posted by OceanbarD
Emeperor suits their band name well indeed , its one of the best BM bands out there definetly.

I agree, although I like the newer stuff more, at least for the time being. Hearing Anthems for the first time was musically a really defining moment for me. Some guitar mag or other described the melodies as sort of like hungry vultures circling over a seemingly chaotic battlefield of rhythm work (or something to that effect at least), which I think is totally accurate, and to me one of the most appealing musical aspects of E.

But to propose another classic: Ulver's "Nattens Madrigal"

if you count IX equilibrium in the newer stuff , well this is my fav emperor album. and theres still some great song on prometheus even tough theres still 1 or 2 songs on that album that are way too much gothic/melodic metal ratter than BM. lets wish that "they" dosen't going to compose
their next album with only this style.

It's amazing to me that someone would nitpick about the production on early black metal, especially Burzum's first. If your looking for technicality go buy a Cryptopsy CD. Black metal is more about created a mood or an emotion, lots of the early black metal is technically very simple.