Black Metal

My best guess would be Samoth is on bass and Hellhammer is on drums in some basement somewhere playing in front of a group of friends or other artists.
My guess would be some bunch of black metal kids playing half-assed Burzum covers in front of an audience, and possibly hoping to make money by selling the recording on eBay or something.

MacMoney is right in saying that IF there were live recordings of such a legendary project as Burzum, they would be _ALL_ over the place. Just look at all the live bootlegs of Mayhem, it's nearly impossible to keep track of them all.

Originally posted by MacMoney
Before flaunting such things, think a bit. There are no bootlegs floating around. For a band as revolutionizing as Burzum, their bootlegs should be all over the place, but they aren't. In addition, Burzum never had an actual line-up. But please, back up your statement with facts, if you can.

Burzum revolutionary? :lol:

It seems when all these "slipknot" fans start listenning to BURZUM and similar bands, that would definitely be the last nail for the lid of the Black Metal casket. Mercyfully, it appears it is not the case....not yet.

Originally posted by Djavol
It seems when all these "slipknot" fans start listenning to BURZUM and similar bands, that would definitely be the last nail for the lid of the Black Metal casket. Mercyfully, it appears it is not the case....not yet.

I never said Burzum was bad, but they're aeons away from what I'd deem revolutionary. Can you HONESTLY name me one thing that seperates Burzum from the rest of the black pioneers (Mayhem, Bathory, Darkthrone, etc.)?

And don't mock my avatar, just because it's meaning is beyond you. Fucktard.

Originally posted by ffanatic
I never said Burzum was bad, but they're aeons away from what I'd deem revolutionary. Can you HONESTLY name me one thing that seperates Burzum from the rest of the black pioneers (Mayhem, Bathory, Darkthrone, etc.)?

Hah! You've said it yourself (by not actually realizing it). Pioneering = Revolutionary, that is, what unites the above-mentioned bands, not separates them. Any more questions?

And don't mock my avatar, just because it's meaning is beyond you. Fucktard.

:rolleyes:
What's "fucktard"? Reading these "slipknot" lyrics again, are we not? :lol:

Can you HONESTLY name me one thing that seperates Burzum from the rest of the black pioneers (Mayhem, Bathory, Darkthrone, etc.)?
The unique vocal style which has been mimiced by lesser bands ever since. Usage of synths and dark ambient passages/songs. The use of repetitive song structures to create an atmosphere of sadness/melancholy. Granted, Darkthrone used repetition to great effect as well, but not really in the melancholy, melodic way until "Transilvanian Hunger"which was released way after Burzum released his first stuff. "Transilvanian Hunger" is very far removed from the Burzum style anyway, despite sharing the "melancholy through repetition" composition style. He was also among the first "BM" bands to use heathen/NS type ideology.

Anyway, nowadays it's very easy to hear which bands are directly influenced by Burzum, and there are a LOT of those -- Shining, Forgotten Woods, Vinterriket, Abyssic Hate, Arkadia, etc, etc, etc.

Burzum revolutionary? :lol:

Yes, Burzum was the first to play that certain style of more melancholic and desperate kind of black metal. Burzum was also one of the first ones to play black metal in Norway along with Darkthrone and Mayhem though Mayhem were long ahead.

being the first or best-textured piece of fecis to emerge from the sphincter is hardly a laudable quality.

[edit] i apologise for the rather shitty choice of metaphor, but seeing as how black metal is supposed to be gr1m and tr00 anyway, i guess crudity is almost as good as corpsepaint.

[edit pt.2] i further apologise for the poor pun in the above edit. and also for lapsing into l337 5p34k. it's not very grim of me at all.

perhaps you misunderstand me.

i'm not at all waxing tangential. my point is that you cannot consider burzum to be "revolutionary" if it is at a base level unoriginal and poor to begin with.

Originally posted by saturnix
being the first or best-textured piece of fecis to emerge from the sphincter is hardly a laudable quality.

[edit] i apologise for the rather shitty choice of metaphor, but seeing as how black metal is supposed to be gr1m and tr00 anyway, i guess crudity is almost as good as corpsepaint.

[edit pt.2] i further apologise for the poor pun in the above edit. and also for lapsing into l337 5p34k. it's not very grim of me at all.

It may not be gr1m, and it's sure as hell not tr00, but damn, it's quite n3cr0. Hey! We could make a Black Metal Band! I can see it already:

Anal Christ Posse-Standing In The Stygian Dale Of The Frozen North Becaue We Are Just That Damn tr00

1) All Of Our Equipment Is Broken And We Recorded In Tyler's (But His Band Name Is Ioneryth) Uncle's Back Yard Because It's The Closest Thing To An Evil Forest In Manchester

2) I'm So Fucking Gr1m It Hurts

3) Wearing Corpsepaint and Spiked Leather Garments In A Forest, But Not Socks, Because They're Not N3cr0

4) Satan r0xxorz My s0xxorz And Tosses My b0xx0rz

5) Sacrficing Young Virgins To The Infernal Prince In His Judeccan Shrine While Demons Rape Nuns And Dance Madly With The Blood Of The Dying Virgins Because It's Tr00

6) The 43 Minute Epic Black Metal Track That Sucks
i) A Poorly Executed, Badly Written Keyboard Intro, Played Upon What Appears To Be A $30 Casio Keyboard That Was Probably Stolen From A K-Mart In Des Moines, Which Is Quite Gr1m
ii) A Spoken Female Voice Part That Might Be Unnerving If It Weren't For The Fact That She Sounds Like A Dog Trying Squeeze Itself Through Spark-Plug
iii) A Seventeen Minute Blast Of Static From The Bass Amp Due To Poor Recording In Tyler's (A.K.A Ioneryth's) Uncle's Back Yard (Which For All Intents And Purposes Is An Evil Forest, Even Though It's Near A Starbucks And A Dairy Queen)
iv) A Mind-Numbingly Bad Guitar Solo Played So Downtuned It Makes The Double Bass On The Drum Sound Good
v)A Poorly Executed, Badly Written Keyboard Outro, Played On The Same Stolen Casio Keyboard, Except Now The Batteries Are Dead And Ioneryth Won't Change Them Because That Would Not Be Very N3cr0, Now Would It?

Hey! This stuff writes itself!

my point is that you cannot consider burzum to be "revolutionary" if it is at a base level unoriginal and poor to begin with.
But you know, Burzum was NOT unoriginal (this is not an opinion) so you lose. Can't really realistically expect Opeth fanboys to know what they are talking about anyway though, so you're excused.

Originally posted by phyre
But you know, Burzum was NOT unoriginal (this is not an opinion) so you lose.

the sheer intellectual vacuum of this statement is frightening.

Originally posted by phyre

Can't really realistically expect Opeth fanboys to know what they are talking about anyway though, so you're excused.

this is, perhaps, even worse.

could anyone recommend me some burzum songs which produce a good dark melancholic atmosphere. I have heard spell of destruction and i thought it was pretty bad but if you compare burzum to atmospheres like darkthrones transilvanian hunger then im willing to try burzum again.

Originally posted by Nocturnal Emperor
could anyone recommend me some burzum songs which produce a good dark melancholic atmosphere. I have heard spell of destruction and i thought it was pretty bad but if you compare burzum to atmospheres like darkthrones transilvanian hunger then im willing to try burzum again.

Det som engang var

I'm not sure of this since I'm no Black Metal fan but I read there were bands which were precursors of Black Metal around the time when Venom was around. Venom invented the term Black Metal.

the sheer intellectual vacuum of this statement is frightening.

this is, perhaps, even worse.
You make such a convincing argument I cannot help but agree! You, sir, are TEH ARGUMENT MASTAR

Originally posted by Nocturnal Emperor
"Det Som Engang Var", "Dunkelheit", "Stemmen Fra Taarnet", "En Ring Till Aa Herske", "Jesu Död" (actually a Norwegian ö but I cannot be bothered to find one of those right now)