Black Metal classics

So most of you guys like raw BM sound. I used to dig it too. But come on, it ends up getting cheesy (though i still respect it HIGHLY). Then I moved gradually to a more progressive edge of brutal music, and that ended up being damn more exciting. I'd like to suggest a track which surely blast you all. BLACK ROSE IMMORTAL from OPETH. Specially the guy who started this cool thread. Everyone should give it a try (REALLY!!! it's amazing). If anyone feels the urge to know the band better feel free to check the Opeth forum here at UM.com
THANX!!! HAIL OPETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abigor - Nachthymnen
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale
Burzum - Filosofem
Behemoth - Thelema .6
Dissection - Somberlain
Dissection . Storm of the light`s bane
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Obtained Enslavement - The Shepherd and the Hounds of Hell
Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times
Satyricon - Nemesis Divina
Ulver - Bergatt
Ulver - William Blake

Originally posted by Sengir*Buendia
So most of you guys like raw BM sound. I used to dig it too. But come on, it ends up getting cheesy (though i still respect it HIGHLY). Then I moved gradually to a more progressive edge of brutal music, and that ended up being damn more exciting. I'd like to suggest a track which surely blast you all. BLACK ROSE IMMORTAL from OPETH. Specially the guy who started this cool thread. Everyone should give it a try (REALLY!!! it's amazing). If anyone feels the urge to know the band better feel free to check the Opeth forum here at UM.com
THANX!!! HAIL OPETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy that started this thread has been listening to Opeth for 8 years. Opeth is great; however, they are not black metal. Raw BM is NOT cheesy. Melodic BM tends to get a little cheesy. Anybody that brings up Opeth in a thread called "Black Metal classics" hasn't actually heard raw BM.

melodic BM is not always cheezy but do tend to not be real black metal anymore. opeth is not black metal for sure and listen to the last emperor album , there is many parts in all the songs of that album that are "normal metal" and melodic , gothic vocals. theres
still real black metal in the song. and also some bands like borknagar and vintersorg , rating as melodic black but none of those 2 bands are real BM.

@sengir buendia : first of all , for your information i did not said "that real BM is better than opeth" actually there is true black metal bands that are better than opeth but opeth is still an awesome band. by the way i do not suit the satanic black metal mentality and i am sure anyway that i listen to more kind of music and know more bands than you do.

phew! just read this whole thread. nice.

if i had to pick 5 BM albums off the top of my head right now:

Immortal - At The Heart of Winter
Satyricon - Nemisis Divina
Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War
Ulver - Nattens Madrigal
Emperor - Anthems........

i like quite a bit more, but those have really had me captivated lately. i know a lot don't like the mayhem, but it's actually one of my favorite albums ever. also, despite the ulver's shitty production, it's a really good album. turn the treble down, the bass up and listen to it a bunch of times. once you adapt to it, you'll see it's a really good bm release.

props to the first two ulver albums as well.