Black Metal In School

Dec 23, 2005
The people in my school are pretty much clueless about any metal that's underground. Even when I bring up black metal to metalheads I know they all think Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth. Not that there's anything wrong with those bands but that's about as underground as they people in my school get!!! Almost none of them have even heard of bands like Emperor, Mayhem, Burzum, Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, Immortal, etc. Is anybody else's school like this?

A friend, I and some kid were the only metalheads in school. People don't even know who Slayer is.

Mayhem is one of my favorite bands, i didnt even know they were even underground, i thought they were the most popular metal black bands ever! lol

"A friend, I and some kid were the only metalheads in school. People don't even know who Slayer is."

lmao dude that fucking sucks for you. I can relate though, no1 at my buss stop knows who

iron madien
pantera
metallica
black sabbath

are

Bunch of rap faggots...

Ya I felt kind of pissed like everyone here earlier then I realized.. who the fuck cares?

uhmm, maybe they(the "not metalheads") don't know who those bands listed are because they aren't interested in that kind of music? but yea...i actually do know quite alot of rappers since they are on tv all the fuckin time. anyway, there are like 3 hardcore metalheads in my school i think. me and my two friends...my other friends are into Slipknot, Mudvayne and shit like that so i dont count them as metalheads. but yea its a shame that people dont know who for example Maiden or Sabbath is. Curse them all.

Heh what´s purpose of this thread? Of course that those bands are not well known, anyway if metalheads in your school don´t know them, they are n00bish. Casue they are names in black metal and metalheads should know minimum of every metal sub-genre even if they don´t like that sub-genre...if not, don´t call them metalheads then.

Zygote said:
Mayhem is one of my favorite bands, i didnt even know they were even underground, i thought they were the most popular metal black bands ever! lol

"A friend, I and some kid were the only metalheads in school. People don't even know who Slayer is."

lmao dude that fucking sucks for you. I can relate though, no1 at my buss stop knows who

iron madien
pantera
metallica
black sabbath

are

Bunch of rap faggots...
my new bus stop in alameda is gay, no one knows the true spirit of metal!

but at my old bus stop in berkeley there was this homeless/gutter punk guy who also wore a bathory or mercyful fate long sleeve! that bus stop knew the august power of true heavy metal maddness!:headbang:

my school is like that to. there is the group of kids that play in bands and the know shit like dimmu and cradle of filth. but not underground bands. its fucking pathetic, when I ask them if they have heard emperor they say I think ive heard that name but Ivee never heard there music. So me and two of my freinds and thats pretty much it everyone else knows shit. even my sister knows more than them and she listens to gay ass punk music.

I have one good guitarist who is a metalhead, and by and by, his friends are metalheads too. Then a smart kid is into metal too, but like popular death metal stuff, because he listens to other genres too and doesn't really dig deeper. At least he knows some of the real shit. Then, beneath that, we have a herd of slipknot fanatics, like so many that it rivals pop punk. I guess it is because slipknot is from somewhere within like 100 miles of us. Some local bands have a claim to fame that they met slipknot, or they jammed with them, or were a performance at the same gig, ect. I have a friend that I tried to get into good music and now he just listens to unusual "cult" stuff (like rammstein). I show him NIN, he gets into rammstein. I show him metallica, and he gets saint anger. God, it is annoying.