Black Metal In School

i was in jr high when kill em all came out (1st metal i ever heard) most of the school was a mix between rock and gratefull dead and then you had us metal heads. we had a huge rock quarry where we would party on weekends so each weekend we would alternate between metal and gratefull dead. i never have been a dead head but the beer was good.

I hate it especially when I mention black metal in a conversation and the only bands people bring up are Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth instead of the "true" stuff. Their are barely any "true" metalheads left it seems. The only people that like metal now don't like any REAL metal. They're just a bunch of mallgoths that like Korn and Slipknot and wear big baggy pants they buy from hot topic. Now how is that metal? What happened to tight ripped jeans, denim vests, leather jackets, and kickass guitar solos? All we have now musically is shitty metalcore and nu-metal with no solos. Me and my friend are the only two "true" metalheads left in my school.

What sets apart the leather jacket dress code from the hot topic dress code? I just put on clothes and don't worry about it too much.

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
I hate it especially when I mention black metal in a conversation and the only bands people bring up are Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth instead of the "true" stuff. Their are barely any "true" metalheads left it seems. The only people that like metal now don't like any REAL metal. They're just a bunch of mallgoths that like Korn and Slipknot and wear big baggy pants they buy from hot topic. Now how is that metal? What happened to tight ripped jeans, denim vests, leather jackets, and kickass guitar solos? All we have now musically is shitty metalcore and nu-metal with no solos. Me and my friend are the only two "true" metalheads left in my school.

I meet plenty of Metal-heads here and there. There's no real driving force to create a "scene" of it now but there's plenty out there. You may not find many people in highschool who listen to it because most of them are unable to relate to a lot of what Metal is about and highschool is also a festering pit of popular culture, you can only expect the most popular trends to be dominant.

the first black metal i ever heard was Hellhammer in high school.i still like darkthrone and dark funeral,bathory ect...cradle of filth and dimmu borgir are o.k. but not as primitive.Celtic Frost is coming out with a new album soon.I wonder how it will sound.

evil miscreant said:
the first black metal i ever heard was Hellhammer in high school.i still like darkthrone and dark funeral,bathory ect...cradle of filth and dimmu borgir are o.k. but not as primitive.Celtic Frost is coming out with a new album soon.I wonder how it will sound.

idk but i sure do love the cramps!

seen em twice and they put on one hell of a show

...Ya my school sucks like that...if not worse. People in my school havent even heard of Dimmu borgir. Most of the people in my school listen to either: Rap & shit, Emo/screamo, Hardcore, and then there are the very few that listen to mainstream metal...and then there is my small band of friends who listen to those bands: Burzum, Emperor, Mayhem, and Deathspell Omega. Ya were pretty much outnumbered at my school...and it sucks.

Zygote said:
well i just wear a band shirt and black dickies every day, it gets the job done...

Mmm black band shirt on top of black pants. I've been trying to get my boyfriend to wear black pants but he won't do it. He's more into the Hardcore scene than Metal though so... Oh well. I guess black on black isn't Hardcore enough.

I don't really recall knowing anyone in my high school who listened to much metal beyond Korn. Fortunately, I had Valhalla on my side, and one day during lunch the gods summoned Manowar to storm the cafeteria gates and send all wimps and poseurs out of the hall, crushing all who opposed with a mighty hammer of war.

Jreg said:
I don't really recall knowing anyone in my high school who listened to much metal beyond Korn. Fortunately, I had Valhalla on my side, and one day during lunch the gods summoned Manowar to storm the cafeteria gates and send all wimps and poseurs out of the hall, crushing all who opposed with a mighty hammer of war.

I think the cafeteria lady spiked your kool-aid thay day:loco:

Jreg said:

Dude that happened to me once.

There are a few people who know the MOST mainstream of black metal bands such as Dimmu Borgir (well, technically they don't know any but ...) and then there is me, and a friend of mine. I know for a fact I know the most about BM in my school, but she is pretty knowledgable herself. Hell, she likes Lurker of Chalice. \m/