Black Metal In School

My high school only had a few metalheads in the underground scene. Haven't seen any while in college yet.

one of my friends in school had some BM shirt saying "FUCK ME JESUS" in huge letters (either an Emperor or CoF shirt, I think).......he was intelligent, but then, why wear such a stupid shirt?

"Same.. Made me ashamed that former members of Carcass are in this band.. they were better off with Johan.. Only reason they are popular is because of the overproduced woman on vocals.. "Wow.. my IQs 20 and I am attracted to the Junky on stage!! YEAH!" is the common mentality. Not all their fans are retarded.
"

yes my IQ is 20, you must have esp or somthing....

the metalheads in my school only like arch enemy and children of bodom, but I graduated so i dont care.

Davtar said:
...Ya my school sucks like that...if not worse. People in my school havent even heard of Dimmu borgir. Most of the people in my school listen to either: Rap & shit, Emo/screamo, Hardcore, and then there are the very few that listen to mainstream metal...and then there is my small band of friends who listen to those bands: Burzum, Emperor, Mayhem, and Deathspell Omega. Ya were pretty much outnumbered at my school...and it sucks.

haha, yeah, our school sucks when it comes to metal fans, with the exception of a few. It's bad when you have people where they think Dimmu Borgir is the best representation of Satanism

The kids in my school didn't know anything about the bands I was into. They never understood the T shirts I was wearing for "Beneath The Remains", "State Of Euphoria" or Metallica's Black album.
How cool I was.

@Hamock: Actually you´re quite right. That genre is already dead.

Father Belial said:
It's bad when you have people where they think Dimmu Borgir is the best representation of Satanism
Hmm Dimmu in Stormblast era was pretty good represenatation of satanism IMO. I wonder why they still use pantagram and shit in nowadays...probalby becauste of marketing, heh those guys developed well musically....they should mentally too :D

Why does anyone need a "best" representation of Satanism? Make your own, instead of looking to bands to provide one for you. It's pretty obvious most bands only do it as a marketing ploy anyway. I'd suggest Satanism is a pretty personal thing....but then Satanists would know that, eh?

Basically I mean it this way:

We have this christian band playng at our school on Friday. During school were supposed to have some assembly where we see the band. In one of my classes, we got into a discussion about how it wasn't fair to be forced to listen to a christian band. Someone in the class said that if they have a christian band play, they should have a "satan" band play next week, and someone proceeded to suggest Dimmu Borgir.

I simply used that as an example to show that Dimmu Borgir is as far as our schools comprehension of black metal goes..

I personally don´t need that. It´s pretty lame in my eyes, bu it´s a part of old black metal, so I respect it. I don´t see any reason why new bands do that in nowadays.