Black Metal In School

When I was in school, it was with a bunch of rednecks (because I grew up in a small Iowa town), so they listened to Garth Brooks and even more horrible shit. If they got in a rowdy mood, they'd listen to Nirvana - In Untero or Metallica (black album only), and I was the only one at the time who liked Sepultura, Slayer, Iron Maiden, and Deicide. I would try and play those bands for my friends and they would say stupid shit like "This music sucks! You can't understand the words!". Fuck, I'm pissed just from reminiscing about those retards!

People at my school have incredibly bad taste in music. There are about 4 people other than me in my school of 3000 who listen to metal as well. There are a fair number who listen to hardcore, but they are fuckers.

I've been out of school for a while (dropped out and got hs diploma online & only attended one semester of college so far) but in Oklahoma, where I reside, metal is synonymous with godsmack, rage against the machine, mudvayne, etc. by all under the age of 30 with very few exceptions. i've kind of hung out with people at shows but i have no real friends who are "into" metal. some of them don't mind listening to it, and a few even respect it, but I can't exactly talk about upcoming releases and such with them.

Having said all that, I'm completely used to it and I don't care if I never have a friend that listens to the kind of metal I do. In fact, I think I might prefer it this way, for various reasons.

I'm satisfied with the fact that metalheads are a rarity. this means that it won't become scene with a bunch of bands attempting to recreate the music to simply make money cough slipknot; trivium; mahine head cough. What irritates me is when people claim to be metal and talk about how heavy unearth or everytime i die are. fucking metalcore fucks.
Dimmu borigir does kick ass though. No they aren't the epitomy of grim scandinavian black metal, but all i've heard them claim to be is symphonic black metal and i think they do that pretty well. fuck cradle of filth, they're sell out ass fuckers

Idunnonuten said:
I'm satisfied with the fact that metalheads are a rarity. this means that it won't become scene with a bunch of bands attempting to recreate the music to simply make money cough slipknot; trivium; mahine head cough. What irritates me is when people claim to be metal and talk about how heavy unearth or everytime i die are. fucking metalcore fucks.
Dimmu borigir does kick ass though. No they aren't the epitomy of grim scandinavian black metal, but all i've heard them claim to be is symphonic black metal and i think they do that pretty well. fuck cradle of filth, they're sell out ass fuckers

Good point it would be kinda gay to have all these preps getting into black metal and such. In fact that would probably ruin metal altogether.

I agree. This may seem elitist (and probably is) but I like that fact that listening to Metal alone makes me different from the average shmuck.

Susperia said:
Mmm black band shirt on top of black pants. I've been trying to get my boyfriend to wear black pants but he won't do it. He's more into the Hardcore scene than Metal though so... Oh well. I guess black on black isn't Hardcore enough.

does he rip the sleeves off at least? If not sneak into his closet and rip em all off, he will thank u later...

or he might get all gay and pissed off...

ether way your making the world a better place.

Zygote said:
does he rip the sleeves off at least? If not sneak into his closet and rip em all off, he will thank u later...

Hahahah, yeah or give me such a beating.

Just joking, my boyfriend doesn't beat me, I swear.

Idunnonuten said:
Dude, you just wish you were as kvlt as that dude in your music theory class.

But yeah, Dimmu is awesome.

And uh, I dunno about you, but I always bitch at/to people about music. Be it sheer dickery or a fondness for wlecoming new metalheads to the genre, I just can't seem to not rant and the Atreyu/Killswitch/Slipknot kids.

Susperia said:
Hahahah, yeah or give me such a beating.

Just joking, my boyfriend doesn't beat me, I swear.

Well if u rip ur sleeves off u can beat him:D

im telling you guys

ripped sleeves=pwnage

Zygote said:
WOW, ur sooooo funny!

Is arch enemy emo? no

are u? yes...

go eat some dick

it's not exclusively emo's who cut their wrists. i find it off putting to listen to a band with a female 'growling', that and the fact that arch enemy sound really generic to me...

Zygote said:
WOW, ur sooooo funny!

Is arch enemy emo? no

are u? yes...

go eat some dick

lmao

good lord, your incompetence must be unrivaled.
you know, there's a big adult world out there once high school's over to look forward to. :wave:

I can't wait to read your response packed with such brutal derision as "go suck a cock, u dum emo fag queer fag emo"

Mercy/Severity said:
it's not exclusively emo's who cut their wrists. i find it off putting to listen to a band with a female 'growling', that and the fact that arch enemy sound really generic to me...

Hahaha, because all women are such fragile, delicate, beautiful creatures, right? Women do not growl! They are much too different from men!

I know only few "black metal" persons from my school. They don't know what for example Mayhem or Setherial is. Damn sometimes I think that I am the most experienced metalhead in my school:p

Perdition's Light said:
lmao

good lord, your incompetence must be unrivaled.
you know, there's a big adult world out there once high school's over to look forward to. :wave:

I can't wait to read your response packed with such brutal derision as "go suck a cock, u dum emo fag queer fag emo"

go suck a cock u dum eo fag queer fag emo!!!!

Mercy/Severity said:

Same.. Made me ashamed that former members of Carcass are in this band.. they were better off with Johan.. Only reason they are popular is because of the overproduced woman on vocals.. "Wow.. my IQs 20 and I am attracted to the Junky on stage!! YEAH!" is the common mentality. Not all their fans are retarded.

Susperia said:
Hahaha, because all women are such fragile, delicate, beautiful creatures, right? Women do not growl! They are much too different from men!
Yes.. Now you're getting it. :D