An Emperor forum

One thing about the repetitiveness, I love it. Every time I listen it goeslike this (Say repeated 5 times)

1&2 - I'm ok, its just started
3 I think the next part is gonna come in, but then realise it doesn't
4 I start to imagine the next melody after it, and can actually hear whats playing with the melody opver the top in my head kinda thing
5 - Its finally gets there and I'm happy :D

Well, that probably doesn't make any sense, but thats why I like the riffs and acoustic parts repeated - Basically I know whats coming next, but i forget how many repeats before it so its a miagical surprise every time :D

a word to new forums...
i think it's not so good an idea to expand the forums... regardless which bands may want to join. the thing here grew constantly since i've been around, let's hope it doesn't get overwhelmed by visitors. i already feared that when they made the in flames forum.

With Emperor, I've heard all the albums except Prometheus, and I think the best one is IX Equilibrium. I had a live version (i think it was live) but it sounded so much better. I had.

LFDGD?
Sound's like KMFDM.

For those of you not familiar with KMFDM, it means Kein Mitleid Fur Das Merheit.

Originally posted by Sullen Jester
With Emperor, I've heard all the albums except Prometheus, and I think the best one is IX Equilibrium.

I definately agree, Ix Equilibrium is their best cd...before Prometheus. Prometheus is better than any other Emperor cd, it is better than every Opeth cd except for MAYH. If anyone were to ask what the essential metal cd was, it would either be Prometheus or MAYH. I don't think any band has ever or will ever come up with a more powerful and well written metal cd.

emperor albums:

1. Promethius
2. Anthems
3. In the nightside eclips
4. IX Equilibrium
5. Wrath of the tyrants
6. Emperor (it's an ep.. so.. it still fucking rox.. get it and get it now..)

I understand about the point of these forums getting too big... but i also think that that is a good thing...

These forums are massive, and they fucking rock...

DOLPHZ: I think Orchid is a much better album than MAYH. MAYH may have Demon and Karma, two awesome songs, but they cannot possibly make up for Silhouette and Forest of October :)

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
I've heard a lot of their songs.

And I've given them a fair go.

They are repetitive and boring, there are good riffs, but one riff lasts for the whole song.

One riff lasts the whole song? Have you really heard a lot of their songs, because I can't think of one song that maintains the same riff all the way through it....

Klaha warned me about you ;)

Originally posted by requiem

One riff lasts the whole song? Have you really heard a lot of their songs, because I can't think of one song that maintains the same riff all the way through it....

Klaha warned me about you ;)

Oh.. i see..

Well, it was a generalization made to gain attention..

I spose I just don't really like the style of music. Seems a bit static or something. I haven't heard that much.

Oh.. i see..

Well, it was a generalization made to gain attention..

You suceeded, at least as far as my attention was gained....

yes the new emperor album is the best emperor album and it sure is up to par with many opeth songs...... this is the kind of music that i love... the shit that you have to fucking sit tight to listen to or else you miss EVERYTHING... its great

Anyways....

Back to emperor. They are good.

Do you mean it, or is this another generalisation? ;)

Sorry man, couldn't help it...

Prometheus is definitely an incredible album. Ihsahn's really outdone himself. Have you seen the video for 'Empty'? I think it was on digitalmetal.com

Trym looks fucking cool in it :cool:

Each and every member of emperor is a very sexy man..

the empty video rocks...

And I'kll try and avoid making generalizations.. .. ITS BAD JOURNALISM.. but, I will get the latest katatonia album, or samples from it.. and see what I can hear..

But in the mean time, I will continue to enjoy Borknagar and emperor.

Borknagar is like Dimmu Borgir, but with better composed music.

Isn't an Emperor forum kinda redundant, them having split up and all?? Imagine the threads- "New Emperor album..... oh wait, no there isn't....." :lol:

A couple of responses to various topics raised, to noone in particular........
The new Emperor being as good as Opeth. Well, IMHO Emperor were at a higher level than Opeth ever were with 'Anthems...', the complex orchestrations and all that, it's genius. No big deal, just wanted to say that. :D

I hate the new Emperor. Listened to it for 2 weeks, and apart from the first track, just can't get into it. It's not really what I want from an Emperor album, may as well be a different band. I was gutted originally to hear of their demise, now I am quite pleased. They seem to have out-grown the beast that was Emperor. It's an appropriate place to end.

Katatonia. Ok, you need to be in the right mood to listen to them (unless you're a fanatic), and you need to approach it right. The repettitive nature should be viewed as being mesmerising, rather than your tipical song-structure, even though it does follow that. Treat it as Doom (which it is :p ).

I love Prometheus. The clean vocals in The Tongue of Fire, the sweet, classical interlude and the crushing riffs of In The Wordless Chamber, the wonderful lead melody on He Who Sought Fire, and the overpowering riffs of Thorns on My Grave.

However, nothing can compare to the raw, dark, majestic, nocturnal power of In The Nightside Eclipse. It is definately one of the most grim, malevolent, and provocative albums in the entire black metal scene.

And finally I would like to state that all Emperor albums are superb. I think one reason people don't like IX Equilibrium is that it was either more progressive, or they were told it wasnt good and haven't really heard it. I acutally talked to a guy who hated it because he said "it didn't have bass tracks". I then had to point out that Ihsahn played the bass tracks for it. It might not be as up to par as Anthems, which is one of the most monumental albums in the black metal world, but that still does not deviate from the fact that it IS an outstanding album, or at least it is compared to some of the other droll, black metal bullshit out there.:)