An interesting take on religious thought - written by me.

It wasn't that hard. She never read the Bible, only heard the bits in church. Once I started telling her what kind of things where in there she got curious and read it. The rest is history.

Her "God" is now nameless.

Just saw this picture and thought it would fit right in.

1288535460609.jpg

not trying to enter the argument, but that sounds like a really silly question in a christian point of view. God created world, God is allpowerfull, allseeing, allknowing, alletc. God is responsible for absolutely everything in this world. When a person dies, christian people say "god called him up to heaven". So it's really silly to think that god doesn't create natural disasters, but instead he only takes the credit for saving the ones who survived?

hey god, how about NOT sending a fucking hurricane to kill everyone in the first place?

So I agree with Rhys 100%, it's just so pathetically silly when people say "I thank god it wasn't worst" when it's god's fault it was bad in the first place

haha good post. I love it when someone is trying to get a job or something and asking for prayers. then they get the job and it's because of god. nevermind the children getting abused or people suffering from cancer and shit, god really wanted you to have that fucking job.

it is my belief that the god concept was created to combat hopelessness. I can't wait until we find life on another planet just to see the back pedaling.

haven't read the thread or article...don't really have the time ATM...but in my experience, religion and thought tend to be mutually exclusive events!

haha good post. I love it when someone is trying to get a job or something and asking for prayers. then they get the job and it's because of god. nevermind the children getting abused or people suffering from cancer and shit, god really wanted you to have that fucking job.

And if they didn't get the job, it's part of God's plan and he works in mysterious ways.. so what was the point of praying?

3481.jpg