An Introduction To Metal Mixing

Regarding the EQ thing... I know I'm usually the one who jumps in yelling that it all depends on everything else and there are no magic frequencies to tweak. I still stand by that, but anyway, this might be useful for someone who really doesn't know where to even begin looking:

audio%20mix%20frequencies.gif

FWIW I didn't do that one and I have no idea who the original author of the table is.

Check your PM's kid (to the OP) I just sent you a BIG ol' set of links on getting started.

Honestly this forum is more suited toward people who have been recording and know the basics. Not to say you are not welcome cause you are. Just do yourself a few favors....

#1: Dont ask for pre-sets they are useless
#2: Dont ask for Joey Sturgis Pod Presets...LOL
#3: Dont ask for "free" stuff. Look around on the forum there are TONS of free samples and VST's
#4: Dont ask for advice then tell people to piss of when they tell you something you don't want to hear
#5: Use the ANDY SNEAP FORUM Search engine. Its INVALUABLE! Always search before you ask!
#6: Dont ask how to make an amp sim (line 6, axe fx, free vst amps with IR's) sound like a real amp ... THATS A HUGE CAN OF WORMS ...lol

Link to Sneap Forum Search:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=007593470310830667409:4qw46y8lnza

what grywolf said, most of us are very eager to help as soon as we get the feeling it's not lazyness but honest curiosity and need of help. Otherwise it wouldn't be a forum, but a wiki or something.

The EQ table is invaluable when you're starting out. I remember I learnt a lot from that.

in those links for the SOS article, was that betraying the martyrs??? haha it looks like Aaron Matts doing vocals.

in those links for the SOS article, was that betraying the martyrs??? haha it looks like Aaron Matts doing vocals.

lmfao. YES it does look like him at a glance but that is definitely NOT Aaron and defo NOT BTM... we had the pleasure of meeting a few weeks back (amazing experience BTW) so I know their faces quite well, hahahaha... no homo

Hi,

Mixing is easy, tracking is hard.

Record everything perfectly, push the faders up, enjoy your awesome mix.

Tom

lmfao. YES it does look like him at a glance but that is definitely NOT Aaron and defo NOT BTM... we had the pleasure of meeting a few weeks back (amazing experience BTW) so I know their faces quite well, hahahaha... no homo

It is him actually ! With his old band, no idea how this photo ended up here haha

Regarding the EQ thing... I know I'm usually the one who jumps in yelling that it all depends on everything else and there are no magic frequencies to tweak. I still stand by that, but anyway, this might be useful for someone who really doesn't know where to even begin looking:

audio%20mix%20frequencies.gif

FWIW I didn't do that one and I have no idea who the original author of the table is.

That looks like it's from The Mixing Engineer's Handbook. Which would also be a good book for the OP to take a look at.