Systematic Mixing Series #0: Introduction & Glossary

Sure Lasse. I think for the time being this glossary thread should be enough. Even if we left the other threads free-floating around the forum, this place would bind it all together and make it easy for everyone to find their way around.

One immense super-thread would probably be overkill, given the scope of what's being presented.

Also, for some reason whenever I change the thread title to include '& Glossary' at the end here, it doesn't reflect on the thread listing in the forum. Any chance you can add that for me, Lasse?

@brain: Former Yugoslavia!

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to you, Ermz. This is a fantastic resource for experience mixers and newbies alike, I'll be sure to spread the word about these articles around. Thanks again for taking the time, it must have been a huge undertaking :worship:

hes maybe doing them in sets of 2s?

but seriously! these really help!

thank you soo much Ermz!

You're welcome, guys. The bass tutorial is in the works - I just haven't felt particularly motivated lately, and if I forced it, you'd just get a half-assed document. I'm sure once I get up into the heat of mixing heavily again the words will start to flow.

My feeling has been to cut it short at the bass tutorial, and save the rest for the completed eBook, allowing me to put more time and effort into formatting, and presenting things in a holistic, unified way.

Hi fellers! I'm a new guy!

Really great guides Ermz, they've already helped a bunch, especially with the guitars.
Lookin forward to improving my (at the moment mediocre) bass-mixing-skills when that guide hits the forum! ;)

Hi fellers! I'm a new guy!

Really great guides Ermz, they've already helped a bunch, especially with the guitars.
Lookin forward to improving my (at the moment mediocre) bass-mixing-skills when that guide hits the forum! ;)

+1
Really looking forward to hearing how you approach bass Ermz.
It's always good to see another perspective on engineering and maybe apply parts of it to your own workflow.
Thanks for being such a huge help to this forum dude!
You've inspired me ever since the very first day I joined this crazy, hectic, goldmine of audio knowledge.
Keep up the good work man