Analog Summing Test

AzzaDutt

Jan 19, 2014
Hey,

I'm currently working on my dissertation for University about audio summing, and I'd really appreciate it if you'd help me out and complete this short survey. [you'll probably need to do it from a computer, as I'm not sure the format works on phones]

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RDQ8BWM

It's a test of short sections of 2 mixes (I used some of the mtks from this site for the test so thanks!), bounced ITB, through the SSL model on Slate VCC, and through an SSL G+.

All the EQ and compression etc. was done ITB to make sure the only variable was the summing method, and I made sure to match the RMS levels as close as possible afterwards.

Thanks in advance :)

I just opened the survey and wanted to help you get your results. Unfortunetely one of the summing methods has resulted in very different panning than the other two, which is most probably a mistake you made along the way. In the first song that is section A, while in the second it is B. Please fix it before you continue with the survey.

Odd, I was very careful about checking the pan pots were consistent all the way through. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I'll check into it.