Ancient Rites, Metsatoll (Estonia) and others confirmed...

As previously stated, I love Ancient Rites (Particularily Rvbicon and Fatherland) and I just checked out the other bands. Lunarium is pretty cool, I dig them. They should be a fine USA support band. Wrathian didn't sit with me, but I'm not much of a black metal fan. I checked out Metsatoll, and I'm not sure what to think. The clean vocals are really fucking good and the folk instruments are nice. I'm pretty sure I do like them, but I don't think their studio work anything I'll listen very often. However, I think these guys would have an absolutely dominating live presence as they give me a very 'Skyforger' vibe, and I've seen videos of SKyforger playing live so I know how easily those guys demolish an audience.

Should all be very good!

Ancient Rites - Victory or Valhalla

Metsatöll - Hundi Loomine:

Metsatöll - Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! (Live/DVD preview):

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd think Moonsorrow would definitely be on that level of a "drawing" band. I know people that would go solely based on those guys being added to the billing, so I can see the need for an act that can draw a few locals and stragglers that wouldn't go otherwise. Ancient Rites fans are pretty rabid about them playing the US and will definitely travel to see those guys, the only problem is that there's not too many people that have actually heard of that band. I've seriously seen all of 4 people at locals shows that even know who they are, and that includes my now girlfriend.

That's nothing new, most good music goes unheard by most people, but it does put a damper on the best fest in the US (and I seriously think that about HC) when the loyal fans are the only ones showing up and the band plays their first US gig to about 50 people max. That's probably the only reason why I wouldn't care if the fest books an Ensiferum or a Finntroll. 500 More Ancient Rites fans in the US would mean a better chance of them actually coming back!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

To further clarify my statement, I don't want to see this fest die. If you guys booked a bigger name, I wouldn't lose respect.

Maybe this doesn't belong here, but does it does it cost extra to bring a bigger name over( Amon Amarth, Immortal etc), or even if that option is on the table.

To further clarify my statement, I don't want to see this fest die. If you guys booked a bigger name, I wouldn't lose respect.

Maybe this doesn't belong here, but does it does it cost extra to bring a bigger name over( Amon Amarth, Immortal etc), or even if that option is on the table.

Hell Yes... Immortal is my mortgage. lol.

They played only 5 songs, they werent the headliners, but they were really amazing, easily the best band of the night in my opinion, very epic.. their setlist was
Sankarihauta
Ukkosenjumalan Poika
Pakanajuhla
Sankaritarina
and Jotunheim!!!
i recorded Jotunheim, check it out ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
no problem, you r welcome.. could u imagine them headlining the second night of the fest like they did on the 1st one with that setlist plus adding a couple more songs... Raunioilla, Unohduksen Lapsi or Pimeae for example... would be AMAZING!!!! ;)