And my #1 CD of 2011 is...

I will say though, while I'm not the biggest tech-prog fan, I liked The Towers Of Avarice quite a bit, but was never able to get into their later stuff quite as much that disc. So I may have to check out this Cynthesis disc.
If you like the Towers album, I think you'll really like Erik Rosvold's singing on this one, especially if you're fan of his more emotive style. He really shines on this disc.

If you like the Towers album, I think you'll really like Erik Rosvold's singing on this one, especially if you're fan of his more emotive style. He really shines on this disc.

Rosvold's vocals are great, no question, but how do the songwriting and riffs compare?

And if you got an eMusic account:

http://www.emusic.com/album/Cynthesis-DeEvolution-MP3-Download/12506371.html

This is definitely in the "Tech-Prog" catagory, I have to agree this is not quite like the "newer" Zero Hour stuff. But I do have to agree that if you that is does lean more towards the Tower of Averice era of Zero Hour. Still, even though these are former members of Zero Hour, this is still unique to them in more ways than just "more Zero Hour".

After spinning DeEvolution by Cynthesis, it's fair to say that Redemption and Symphony X really have their work cut out for them.

As I consider The Towers of Avarice one of the ten best CDs of all-time, I had absurdly high expectations for this disc. Rather than being a continuation, it is the perfect compliment to Towers. Rosvold's performance on it demonstrates, yet again, why he is one of the truly elite vocalists in music. I could attempt to wax poetic about it for hours... but the proof is in the listening. And I would highly recommend it be listened to with headphones. It is truly a stunning disc.

On first full spin, I'm enjoying this album . . and I've never really said that about Zero Hour, who were always so DUNKA DUNKA DUNKA DUNKA DUNKA nu-metalish

Just got this album and its amazing. The album of the year so far for me as well. He is definitely my favorite singer from the Zero Hour catalog and I am really digging what he's done on this album. :headbang::headbang: