Andreas Jonsson

Dark Lord

Reincarnation of Yourself
Nov 4, 2005
Beirut, Lebanon
Hey guys, can any of you give me some info about Andreas Jonsson, the newest member of Spiral Architect, because i know nothing about him... i tried searching the internet and found nothing about him pre-Spiral Architect. So if anyone knows where he used to play, and how good he was etc.... all the information that you guys know... please do share it with me... thanx :)

asgeir said:
Well, he's swedish, thus not very interesting...

- Asgeir

That didn't help me much....or help me at all to be honest!! :loco: what do I care if he's from Swedan, Norway, or from Pussyland... what I like to know about this guy is did he play in any famous bands before joining Spiral Architect... is he half as outstanding as Steinar is on guitars etc...... LOL

asgeir said:
Well, he's swedish, thus not very interesting...

- Asgeir
Well, norwegians have always been jealous when it comes to swedes...

Anyway, there's not that much to say about me.. yet. I didn't play in any famous band before I joined SA. I was considering attending Berklee College of Music but for different reasons ended up in Norway instead. Shortly after my arrival in Norway I was lucky enough to hear about a band called Spiral Architect and that they were looking for a guitarist. I was blown away when I heard their music and knew that this was what I wanted to do. I auditioned for the spot and finally got it. The rest is yet to be written..

/Andreas

batmura said:
Hey Andreas,

Who were you auditioned by? Asgeir? Just curious.

So is Steinar officially out? I thought the case was withdrawn.
No.. My story took place 7 years ago. We both play in SA.

I first met Asgeir and recieved a tape with some of SA's music and tabs for Fountainhead. Then I auditioned with the whole band.

/Andreas

7 years ago? A Sceptic's universe was released in 2000, and Kaj Gornitzka plays on it....

oh by the way, will you be the rhythm guitarrist or will you share some leads too?

Jaen said:
7 years ago? A Sceptic's universe was released in 2000, and Kaj Gornitzka plays on it....

oh by the way, will you be the rhythm guitarrist or will you share some leads too?
Well, 7 years was an estimate. Maybe closer to 6 years? I joined after ASU was recorded but before it was released.

I'm guessing that there will be some sharing but it's too early to say.

/Andreas

Hey Andreas, thanx for all the info... I hope you get along well with the band's chemistry and compositions and release with Spiral Architect a new album sometime soon.... very soon I hope... for the sake of Spiral Architect Fans :D
I have a question about Kaj Gornitzka.... a comment first: Though he's probably not the greatest guitarist out there (speaking strictly rhythm here), let's not forget that he made considerable contributions on two key songs in "A Sceptics Universe": Adaptability & Fountainhead... oh yeah, and Cloud Constructor too.
well the question is... do you have any idea why he left the band? did it have to do with issues with the other band-members or was it personal etc... also if Asgeir or Oyvind read this... please can you help out :)

Another question... it's really great that You (Andreas), Asgeir, and Oyvind join in on our debates, so why can't or don't Lars & Steinar join in as well.... are they TOO busy with Satyricon? or are they just plain old lazy ??? (LOL) ... Just kidding !! I meant it in a good way :D

SupersonicRobotic said:
ever hear of writing music before it actually is released?

take it easy smart ass, i just thought it was a bit curious how he joined the band yet Kaj still got credit for playing on the album.

I think Twisted Into Form is going on the sensory label and released around the new year if memory serves me right.
Without getting into what is prog metal and what is Tech Metal I would put them a bit more in the prog metal camp but I enjoyed the soundclip. Just do not expext ASU mark2
Anyway great to see the band has a forum and have plans to for another album.
Is the new CD going to explore a bit more of the fusion side or will the CD be similar to ASU

That's right.

BTW
Another question... it's really great that You (Andreas), Asgeir, and Oyvind join in on our debates, so why can't or don't Lars & Steinar join in as well.... are they TOO busy with Satyricon? or are they just plain old lazy ??? (LOL) ... Just kidding !! I meant it in a good way

To all:
Regretfully it’s impossible for me to monitor this site on a daily basis. However – I’m around! You’ll just need to be patient for my answers.

- Lars