Andromeda

They're good, but fall into the trap of being too technical-for-technical's-sake. Impressive the first few listens, but gets more and more boring with subsequent spins.

I haven't heard much from them, but I downloaded a clip of Encyclopedia, which sounded absolutely amazing. It's kind of a weird song topic though... At any rate, I'll probably end up buying one of their albums soon.

ThornsOfSorrow said:
I haven't heard much from them, but I downloaded a clip of Encyclopedia, which sounded absolutely amazing. It's kind of a weird song topic though... At any rate, I'll probably end up buying one of their albums soon.
Like Silent Song said, Extension > II=I, or at least it's more accessible. Extension will blow your face off first time you hear it.

Except the song "extension of the wish", i like 2=1 more than the first one. Because i find it more oriented. The first one is more technical, less songwriting kinda stuff. But 2=1 has more than that.

Are you sure it's not the new Chimera album titled Andromeda? What a treat that would be to listen to some of the worst 'teen-angst' load of pig shit ever dreamed into existence.

Excuse the rant but I had to endure these punks and their adolescent fans when I went to an In Flames concert in London last year, 'ohh nobody understands me', 'fuck your power trip', absolute awe inspiring literature to spearhead a new renaissance, stupid punks.

To get on topic for a sec, great news about the new album, I still much prefer Extension of the Wish and the old singer but I'll certainly give their music a chance. And to whoever said their lyrics were slightly off I couldn't agree more, encyclopaedia? Not one for the scrap book is it.

I also hope their keyboard player lays off the borderline techno sounds this time, a bit too industrial for my tastes.

Alexander*_Reborn said:
Are you sure it's not the new Chimera album titled Andromeda?

Two points I have to make:

1) The band's name is Chimaira
2) Their new album (came out this year) was self-titled

:loco:

Edit: On another note, why would you ever dream of hearing good music at an In Flames concert that has taken place anytime within the last five or six years. If you like that garbage you have no right to complain about bad music. (I happen to like Chimaira, but that's hardly the point here)

Alexander*_Reborn said:
I also hope their keyboard player lays off the borderline techno sounds this time, a bit too industrial for my tastes.

No, that's an awesome touch... I hope he does even more on the next album. Nice to see that there's a prog keyboardist who isn't trying to sound like every other prog keyboardist... and is trying to incorporate elements of other genres, which is what prog is all about anyway.

shaq said:
Two points I have to make:

1) The band's name is Chimaira
2) Their new album (came out this year) was self-titled

:loco:

Edit: On another note, why would you ever dream of hearing good music at an In Flames concert that has taken place anytime within the last five or six years. If you like that garbage you have no right to complain about bad music. (I happen to like Chimaira, but that's hardly the point here)

Yes thank-you spell check, to tell you the truth I didn't think this band were worth the extra 2.26seconds for my brain to actively register the 'air' in their name and I'm still very glad I didn't. Coincidently the missing 'air' put together with another noun 'heads' aptly describes the fans I encountered at the gig. Thanks for setting me up, I owe you.

And no I stopped liking In-Flames at Reroute to Remainstream(feel free to correct..again), I only went along because I thought they'd play 'Bullet Ride' and 'Swim' which they fuckin didn't, anyhoo a great time was had by all, the air heads enjoyed themselves and I found somebody’s gold watch and was in bed with my cookies and milk by 8.

ok, some facts i'd like to lay down

"II=I" IS NOT PROG METAL, it is space/psychedelic prog rock with shades of metal, wich makes obvious that most of the people here don't like as much as Extension of the Wish/Final Extension wich happens to be a much prog metal album.

Johan Reinholdz had to play the bass for "II=I"

Most of the people here underrate David Fremberg in such a way that is almost perplexing and absolutely pointless and even stupid, some even sound like they were jealous for some twisted reason, he es indeed an amazing singer (and since i don't know much about the technical details of voice and tones and ranges i'll just skip'em) but i'd also like to add that David often remimds me to Russell, quite frequently in fact, is like listening to Beyond Twilight with Jorn Lande and then with Björn Jansson, there are similarities

The new album, Chimera is way heavier than Extension and II=I, the sound is remarkably good, has some melody reusing wich makes it interesting to listen more than a couple dozens of time, an amazing album.

Bottom line is that IMHO Andromeda is a potential monster band, considering that is't quite a new band, with young and amazingly talented members. Too bad is so underrated

Reactions: theVikingR
It seems impossible to talk about Andromeda without mentioning David Fremburg. Living in my own world as we all do I don't care for his voice, I don't think his style is suited to prog or indeed metal, 1980s half-time beer commercial yes, prog metal no. I don't see any similarities between him and Russell, Russell has far more range and power, these are opinions not facts.

the first half of Extension is amazing, after Chameleon Carneval its gets kinda weird and then it goes back up with Arch Angel, which is unfortunately the last song...
I really want to get that album with Fremberg on vocals, but its really hard to find.

Most of the people here underrate David Fremberg in such a way that is almost perplexing and absolutely pointless and even stupid, some even sound like they were jealous for some twisted reason

He's an okay singer....he's not Russell...and unless he has a 12 inch cock*, has a pile of $$$ and a super hot wife i don't see why anyone here might be jealous.

*females can replace the 12 inch cock with a pleasantly shaped vagina or whatever