Andromeda

Alexander TG

The literate drummer
Mar 23, 2003
E. London
Visit site
Fucking shockingly bad.

Fucking shockingly bad how I actually have to IMPORT music of this calibre into my country which took 6 weeks.

As I sit here with the c.d 'Extension of the Wish' I wonder what the world is coming to. Not only is this c.d majestic and classy it also rocks with the best of um. I'm convinced the albums most accessible song 'the words unspoken' could be a world wide smash hit that would blow everybody away but good music is officially off the agenda for the mainstream.

I would say this album along with V defines the term 'progressive metal' perfectly unlike this bullshit assumption that if you throw in a few half assed keyboards to power metal you make it progressive, I'm looking at you Stratovarius and Sonata.

Anyway I've come to the conclusion that the best music never gets heard because the big boys at the top want sex appeal and tried and tested material that is soulely based on glamour, hype and marketing. The great chain of bullshit that keeps the good guys down, heard symphony on the radio? thought not.

Sorry I'm ranting, I like to get on my anti-capitalist horse once in a while so I'll finish with saying 'fuck um', keep your Justin Timberlake and Shania Twain I'm sick of fighting this lost cause. But to all you fans of good music buy it for fuck sake and get Kazza and WinMX the fuck off your desktop.

Laters.

I download a song or two from winMX to see if I like the band. If I like the band then I'll buy the CD.

I know what you mean by a disk taking so long to come in. I wanted George Bellas's "Turn of the Mellenium" CD a few months ago, I had to wait *3 months* before I got it from Shrapnell (well, thats like ALL shrepnell cd's isn't it).

You're damn right, I had downloaded some Andromeda (which is sooooo hard to get)..including the words unspoken..and i totally agree this could be mainstream hit.. it's so fecking cool..
A shame that good music is so hard to get your hands on..

I'm still waiting for them. Both, actually. Should be here next week. But I have "acquired" a few songs beforehand, and to express my first impressions I'd like to say: Hooray. Seems like a very good band.

My band is playing "Parasite" from II=I, and I can only say that the shit is just as hard to play as it sounds. They are excellent musicians, and even though they get too close to the prog-clichees sometimes, Andromeda just as often comes up with something new and surprisingly fresh material. They deserve your money.

Yes, I had a very hard time obtaining "Extension of the Wish" when it first came out... I love that album... "Words Unspoken" is genius.

I like "Extension.." even better than "II=I". "Words Unspoken", "Crescendo of Thoughts" and "Arch Angel" are abolute kickass songs. On the new album there are a few songs I couldnt really get into so far. It's very complex music and sometimes it's just "too much" for my taste, f.ex. the instrumental or the title track on the new album.

"Extension.." is more song-oriented imo, although it's still a very progressive and ambitious album.

Harp Heaven said:
My band is playing "Parasite" from II=I, and I can only say that the shit is just as hard to play as it sounds. They are excellent musicians, and even though they get too close to the prog-clichees sometimes, Andromeda just as often comes up with something new and surprisingly fresh material. They deserve your money.

I read that Martin wrote that song long before joining Andromeda...which makes the album ending trilogy on II=I even more remarkable knowing it did not originate as such...