Andy, did you ever try Framus Cobra/Dragon amps ?

The Framus Cobra sound is definitely similar to a Recto. Pretty different from a 5150 and any Engls. If you dig Rectos, chances are you will like the Cobra.

-Joe

Sly, in my experience (To-Mera has two Cobra heads and cabs) and my tastes:
Mesa Recto, Peavey 6505 or Engl are MUCH better than Cobra, and I mean by A LOT...
And next time please remember to post in the Equipment section... :)

no, i'm not. i have 6 different amps from 6 different companies. Framus sounds different... they each sound different. here's a pic of my latest:
WUBreampMadison.jpg

using it for some solo re-amping now with great results. it's the newly improved and updated V.2 version of the Divinity head.

no, i'm not. i have 6 different amps from 6 different companies. Framus sounds different... they each sound different. here's a pic of my latest:
WUBreampMadison.jpg

using it for some solo re-amping now with great results. it's the newly improved and updated V.2 version of the Divinity head.

I have been really curious about the divinity. I have only heard it live :(.

There was a band around here that had an endorsement thats how I heard them. They sounded kind of blah live so I am really curious how they pan out recorded. How do they match up (what amps do they play well with?).

Hey James i see the ISP decimator pedal hooked up just wondering If this a normal procedure during reamping for you?

Hey Brett, I'm sorry for having posted here. What did you dislike with the Cobra head ? Did you try it on another cab ? Thanks everybody for the infos. I'd like to try the Framus amps but here it's very hard to find one. What I can say is that I really enjoy the tone I hear on those samples. There's a lot of people really liking those amps but also a lot of people that don't like it at all.

WUBreampMadison.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm glad to hear you're digging it, James.

I'm a Madison endorser and I really like this amp. I, too, have the latest version of this amp. Mine shipped with Ruby 6L6GC's and EH 12AX7's and 1 12AT7...I replaced all the preamp tubes with Shuguang 9th gen. 12AX7's and I think it improved the tone pretty noticeably. I boost the mids going into the amp rather than using an OD. I have the three mid bands on a Dano F&C boosted in a reverse V, and it's pretty killer. Seeing the TS on your rack, I'm curious to give a regular boost a shot now...

Did you get EL34's or 6L6's?

I'd be very, very curious to hear your clips of the amp, I'm sure they are better than mine, and I'd really like to hear what someone can do with this in the studio. I'm mixing my band's next CD right now and I blended a 6505+ with the Divinity, and I like my results - for my exp. level and being in my house, but I'd love to hear a pro recording it.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm glad to hear you're digging it, James.

I'm a Madison endorser and I really like this amp. I, too, have the latest version of this amp. Mine shipped with Ruby 6L6GC's and EH 12AX7's and 1 12AT7...I replaced all the preamp tubes with Shuguang 9th gen. 12AX7's and I think it improved the tone pretty noticeably. I boost the mids going into the amp rather than using an OD. I have the three mid bands on a Dano F&C boosted in a reverse V, and it's pretty killer. Seeing the TS on your rack, I'm curious to give a regular boost a shot now...

Did you get EL34's or 6L6's?

I'd be very, very curious to hear your clips of the amp, I'm sure they are better than mine, and I'd really like to hear what someone can do with this in the studio. I'm mixing my band's next CD right now and I blended a 6505+ with the Divinity, and I like my results - for my exp. level and being in my house, but I'd love to hear a pro recording it.

I got endorsed with the original Divinity and orginal cabs before they did the celestion deal.

I pretty much only like the Original Divinity for Rythm work.

I also found that the head doesnt respond as nicely to my Maxon OD808 like my XXX and 5150 do.

Wish I could have got the celestion loaded cabs and I am anxious to hear the new Divinity head in person.

I personally liked the Divinity more than a stock Mesa Triple Recto. Kinda reminds me of a cross between a Recto and a TSL.

You have to have impeccable fingers to pull out leads on it though.