Andy Franck's Vocal Malfunction?

I TOTALLY agree with this. I'll also add that a lot of us also had their asses thoroughly kicked by Primal Fear the night before and quite a few Queensryche fans went crazy for Mindcrime the night before that!
I could not agree with you more! I'll have to add Pagan's Mind to the list as well, because I was really excited to see them as well, but from me personally, PM suffered the same way Brainstorm did since I had spent almost all my energy the previous nights. I remember by the time we got to Brainstorm I yelled out (as much as I could with a very very hoarse voice) something to the effect of, "Andy, I don't have any voice left, but what I've got is all yours!" :headbang: :lol:

After seeing BS in Cleveland and PPV, I will have to admit that I was slightly dissappointed in Andy's energy and mishaps. But let me tell you this, seeing my 12 year old son having the time of his life with meeting and seeing one of his favorite bands live was a complete joy and once in a lifetime event for the both of us. Regardless of BS's fatigue and jet lag, friday evening every single member of Brainstorm was approachable, friendly and so down to earth. These guys are true class acts. During the show, even the bass player the newest member of BS saw my son in the audience fairly close to the stage and specifically flicked a pic toward my sons direction. The kid grabbed it for dear life!

I guess my point is, even though BS had a not so perfect night, they still kicked major azz and created a new die-hard fan in my son that night.

From where I was standing, this was quite literally true. :lol:

I thoroughly enjoyed the set, although I was a wee bit disappointed that the shirt stayed on the whole time. lol. So it wasn't quite as high-energy as the last time...still was tied (with Primal Fear and Sabaton) for favorite set of the fest. :headbang:

in a week when my pictures are processed I think I have a view of this "right in your face" :lol:

we tried for a no shirt show...just didn't happen... Ralf was the same way :lol: we just couldn't convince him that us women still want to look at his hot 45 yr. old pecks.

in a week when my pictures are processed I think I have a view of this "right in your face" :lol:

we tried for a no shirt show...just didn't happen... Ralf was the same way :lol: we just couldn't convince him that us women still want to look at his hot 45 yr. old pecks.

When BS first played in PP, he took his shirt off and threw it to the crowd... but you missed that...oopps

****runs away***

Ralf too? Oh hell yeah! Course, I was already drooling enough, I think...lol :Smokedev:

Can't wait to see the pics too. ;)

When BS first played in PP, he took his shirt off and threw it to the crowd... but you missed that...oopps

****runs away***

lucky you I still can't run...and why the hell have I not seen pictures of this??!?!
Ya know there's still time to catch a flight to Mexico to catch tonights show!!:heh:

^^^^^ Mexico is so close to us, but it's so dangerous to go there :(
Just last week a plane was hijaked... I worry about PF and BS... but they are all big German's so I think they will be OK ;)

OK, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I could swear that the major fuckup when Andy went over and said something to the guitarist was the band's fault and not his. It sounded as if the band came out of the first chorus and went right to the bridge of that song (can't remember which one it was now) and being down front it looked like Andy said to him "you missed a verse", hence the band played through that entire bridge while Andy waited, and then he started singing the second verse. Yes, there were a few spots where he came in late singing, but it seemed more due to just being tired/out of energy than forgetting lyrics, despite this, Brainstorm still kicked ass, had the place rocking, and were only a notch or two below their A-game.

Andy, you are a professional and this is what you do for a living. The other times I have seen you , you were much better. This is Progpower USA. I played in bands many years on a professional basis and never played with a singer that screwed up that much in such a short amount of time. You can't remember a song YOU wrote ? It was very distracting and visibly affected the band and the overall performance. Brainstorm was one of the main reasons I went this year . I am a huge fan and was very disappointed. The rest of the band looked ticked off too ! They played well but were shaken up obviously. My biggest disapontment of the weekend.

While I think this was Andy's least great performance, Brainstorm firing on 6 of 8 cylinders, is still better than 9 out of 10 bands. And when you're the first crowd to hear the new material, you have to expect a few mistakes; they're professionals, not robots.

Zod

While I think this was Andy's least great performance, Brainstorm firing on 6 of 8 cylinders, is still better than 9 out of 10 bands. And when you're the first crowd to hear the new material, you have to expect a few mistakes; they're professionals, not robots.

Zod

I didn't know their music well enough to notice he forgot lines. But the performance also didn't grip me. Was the band better than 9 out of 10? No. I didn't see the band being all that energetic.

As for their music, they have almost no dynamics, so after about 20 minutes of it, it became hypnotic, and not in a good way. Luckily there's a few songs with catchy enough vocal melodies.

As for their music, they have almost no dynamics, so after about 20 minutes of it, it became hypnotic, and not in a good way. Luckily there's a few songs with catchy enough vocal melodies.
As for the music, I'm not a huge fan. I agree, it's fairly samey. I like their overall style and approach, but feel that they're too generic. I'd love to see them explore a bit, but I'm not sure if anyone in the band but Andy has the chops for it.

Zod

I didn't know their music well enough to notice he forgot lines. But the performance also didn't grip me. Was the band better than 9 out of 10? No. I didn't see the band being all that energetic.

As for the music, I'm not a huge fan. I agree, it's fairly samey. I like their overall style and approach, but feel that they're too generic. I'd love to see them explore a bit, but I'm not sure if anyone in the band but Andy has the chops for it.

Zod

If the both of you like Andy's voice, but want to hear more experimentation, then check out his Symphorce stuff. I love both Brainstorm and Symphorce, but Symphorce's music does offer more variety. :kickass:

~Brian~

Andy, you are a professional and this is what you do for a living. The other times I have seen you , you were much better. This is Progpower USA. I played in bands many years on a professional basis and never played with a singer that screwed up that much in such a short amount of time. You can't remember a song YOU wrote ? It was very distracting and visibly affected the band and the overall performance. Brainstorm was one of the main reasons I went this year . I am a huge fan and was very disappointed. The rest of the band looked ticked off too ! They played well but were shaken up obviously. My biggest disapontment of the weekend.

Eventhough I do understand the point that you're making, your approach isn't that great. I'm sure that you're considered a "professional" at whatever you do for a living. With that said, are you telling me that you never have had a bad day or week? Come on.

~Brian~

If the both of you like Andy's voice, but want to hear more experimentation, then check out his Symphorce stuff. I love both Brainstorm and Symphorce, but Symphorce's music does offer more variety.
I own a pair of Symphorce records. Sadly, I think if you swapped songs between Brainstorm and Symphorce discs, 9 people out of 10 would fail to notice a difference.

Zod

Eventhough I do understand the point that you're making, your approach isn't that great. I'm sure that you're considered a "professional" at whatever you do for a living. With that said, are you telling me that you never have had a bad day or week? Come on.

~Brian~

I must agree... just b/c you are a professional you are not allowed mistakes or an "off night"?

Plus, you gotta remember that most of these guys make their real living off their daytime jobs anyway.... they do the music out of passion, as most of the time they may break even, or make a tiny amount back... with luck they get bigger and your more...

I own a pair of Symphorce records. Sadly, I think if you swapped songs between Brainstorm and Symphorce discs, 9 people out of 10 would fail to notice a difference.

Zod

I am extremely surprised at this comment. Symphorce is way different than Brainstorm. The guitar playing for one is more melodic and less "crunchy" sounding than BS.

Zod

Really? Do you own Become Death and Twice Second? Those are great albums imo, that don't sound very close to Brainstorm's material. Brainstorm seems to stay more on the "straight and narrow" of traditional metal. With that said, I've always got more of an "experimental and modern" vibe from the Symphorce stuff.

~Brian~