Andy Sneap on Testament New Record

replicator

Made in Vinnland
Dec 3, 2001
Panama City
Visit site
In a recent post on Blabblermouth Andy have this to say:

"So I'm just finishing off the mix for DEW-SCENTED right now, back to MEGADETH, then JOB FOR A COWBOY, DESPISED ICON, AS I LAY DYING and TESTAMENT… the latter I'm really looking forward to, with my old friend Nick Barker [ex-CRADLE OF FILTH, DIMMU BORGIR] on drums. Plenty of other things in the pipeline also, but I'll let you know about those as they get confirmed."

Not confirmed by the band, but Nick is playing on the new record and Andy behind the mix duties. This already is one of the best news on 2007.

:headbang:

yeah,the news I was looking for to make a thread about.fucking yes,Testament with Nicholas Barker and produced by Andy Sneap.

Yeah, I saw that too. Seeing how Sneap mixed the last three projects from Testament, it's natural to assume he'll do the new album. Hopefully the new album comes out in 2007, I'm not holding my breath though.

Nickolas is a machine, one of the best metal drummers nowdays and Andy is one of the best producers in the business. You can´t go wrong with this combination.

I'm not so excited about NB doing the record- not only because I had strongly hoped it would feature all the five original members back together, but I also have doubts whether his style would fit the band. We'll see, I'd like to be surprised. I'm still hoping they'll use various drummers on this record.. hopefully all of those who have ever worked with them..but wait- we'd get two CD's in that case.. that wouldn't be a bad thing, though ;)

I'm not so excited about NB doing the record- not only because I had strongly hoped it would feature all the five original members back together, but I also have doubts whether his style would fit the band. We'll see, I'd like to be surprised. I'm still hoping they'll use various drummers on this record.. hopefully all of those who have ever worked with them..but wait- we'd get two CD's in that case.. that wouldn't be a bad thing, though ;)

As long as Testament release new material I don´t care much who is behind the drums.

:)

As long as Skolnick is back, I don't care if Louie is there or not. He was the weakest link talent wise, just my opinion. I'm not familiar with Barker's work because I don't listen to black metal (other than Dragonlord) but I trust Eric's judgement. I mean come on, Lombardo, Hoglan, Tempesta, those guys are all great drummers. I think having only one drummer on all the tracks is the best way to go.

Barker is a far better drummer than Clemente.actually for me Clemente was the weak link in Testament.an instrumentist should develop his skills in so many years of professional playing(unless he is not Lars Ulrich),Louie remained the same on all Testament albums.his drumming is so simplistic.imagine a song out of Low/Demonic/Gathering albums played live by Clemente...

Here's a video I shot of Nick playing on 'Over The Wall' with TESTAMENT in Bradford a few months ago. What do you think now ?

TESTAMENT - OVER THE WALL (LIVE) - Google Video

:kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

Well, he sounds very good with the band, I admit. He also looks like an old fan of Testament making his childhood dreams of playing with his heroes come true- something like Jon Dette. I just hoped the reunion thing would be more stable or that they would at least choose a guy that had been in the band at some part of their career. Of course, I trust Eric, but I've also some fears they might stray even a step towards black metal (given Eric's preferences it looks like he's found an ally in NB)..but then Eric is probably able to and interested in separating his fascinations and dividing his ideas between Testament and Dragonlord properly.
As for Lou- yes, I'm a fan of him and he'll always be a part of the bands success, the original drummer from the glory days. Perhaps not a technical guru, but I've always found his style right for Testament. Hail Louie!

High Priest,

I wouldn't worry that Testament might lean towards black metal. If that happened Dragonlord wouldn't exist. Besides, Chuck doesn't like that style of music much, I doubt that Alex does either. Since Testament isn't a full-time band, when Eric's not doing Testament, he can express his black metal desires in Dragonlord, just as Alex can express his fondness for Jazz in the Alex Skolnick Trio.

As long as he is not dressing like a gothic twat like he did when he was in those other shit bands then he is welcom in Testament!

Sole Reaper, you probably are right. I don't know why I've been so musically pesimistic these days :) Let's hope he'll fit..and if not they can still hire new guys- everybody has lost the count long time ago..:)

Testament will not become a black metal band, but Nick can play some crazy shit and really fast.

barker.jpg

:headbang:

I listened to some audio clips from Dimmu and Old Man's Child, Nick totally slays. I'm really excited to hear what he does with Testament.

To be honest i would rather Nick stayed out of the music making process, since he has never been in a thrash band and he has only been in gay mainstream black metal bands, he might take away the thrashy-ness of it and add some different elements that arn't welcome.

Don't have a go at me if you disagree, this is only my opinion.