Andy Sneap on Testament New Record

Feel the Force,

I'm not gonna have a go at you, but I don't understand where you're coming from. Look at Jon Allen. He's played in Sadus, Testament, and Dragonlord. A thrash drummer who plays in one black metal band. Why can't a black metal drummer play thrash? Have you ever heard of Susperia? Listen to their last album called Unlimited. The guys in that band were from black metal, and they play thrash just fine. I wouldn't worry about it, just wait till you hear the new Testament, I don't think you'll be disappointed. You might be, but give Nick a chance. He's a metal drummer and from what I listened to damn good at it. The new Testament album can not come out soon enough for me. Bring it on. :kickass:

I'm not saying it will be bad, but i would rather the original members write the majority of the material as they ARE Testament and they know what makes them Testament.

To be honest i would rather Nick stayed out of the music making process, since he has never been in a thrash band and he has only been in gay mainstream black metal bands, he might take away the thrashy-ness of it and add some different elements that arn't welcome.

Don't have a go at me if you disagree, this is only my opinion.

Just to put you straight, he has been a thrash band. His first band was called Systematic Insanity. They played in and around Chesterfield in the late 80's/early 90's while still at school/college and did Metallica covers amongst other things !

:kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

Just like Gene's doing Death metal too. It's not a big deal. a good drummer/guitarist can fit into any style if they are well versed enough.

Alright then, hopefully he is in the band because he likes thrash and enjoys Testament's music, not just to be a replacement drummer.

Alright then, hopefully he is in the band because he likes thrash and enjoys Testament's music, not just to be a replacement drummer.

Yeah, but you have to realize Testament isn't a full-time band anymore. I seriously doubt you can be in a thrash metal band that's part-time and expect to be able to pay the bills every month. Everybody in Testament has side projects, I'm sure Nick will have some as well. That's the only thing that sucks about Alex coming back, he's not a full on metalhead so Testament isn't his priority, it's one among many. It's cool for him but not for us who'd rather see Testament return to what they did which is record and tour, record and tour. It'll never be the same as it once was. Hell, even if they don't tour so much, maybe they can put out records more often.

also Nick was involved in several death-metal bands,like Brujeria,Lock Up or Benediction,so he wasn't only about mainstream black metal as somebody in here have said...

Hell, even if they don't tour so much, maybe they can put out records more often.
That's what I've been hoping for for some time. It would be great. A record every year or two and some shows and perhaps a bigger tour every few years.

also Nick was involved in several death-metal bands,like Brujeria,Lock Up or Benediction,so he wasn't only about mainstream black metal as somebody in here have said...

Did anybody see him touring with his other band. Catalepsy played with bands such as Cancer, Skyclad, Gorefest, Pestilence and Carcass. They later changed their name to Monolith and did a full UK tour with Cannibal Corpse. He also drummed for Cancer for a while in 93 during Carl Stokes enforced break with a broken leg. Video's of most of the above gigs are available for trade/sale. My list is in the trade section on the main Ultimate Metal Forum.

Here's a video I shot of Nick playing on 'Over The Wall' with TESTAMENT in Bradford a few months ago. What do you think now ?

TESTAMENT - OVER THE WALL (LIVE) - Google Video

Thanks for that!

That was awesome! Especially the part where Alex and Eric share the solo part ..it just makes it sound 10 times stronger. And more ontopic, Nick performed an fantastic version of OTW right there. I'm convinced he'll fit in just fine with the lads. They sound better than ever.

I picked up a used copy of Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia today and Nick is really good. I hope the new record has plenty of fast songs so Nick can really lay out the double bass.

Well, he sounds very good with the band, I admit. He also looks like an old fan of Testament making his childhood dreams of playing with his heroes come true- something like Jon Dette. I just hoped the reunion thing would be more stable or that they would at least choose a guy that had been in the band at some part of their career. Of course, I trust Eric, but I've also some fears they might stray even a step towards black metal (given Eric's preferences it looks like he's found an ally in NB)..but then Eric is probably able to and interested in separating his fascinations and dividing his ideas between Testament and Dragonlord properly.
As for Lou- yes, I'm a fan of him and he'll always be a part of the bands success, the original drummer from the glory days. Perhaps not a technical guru, but I've always found his style right for Testament. Hail Louie!

I think Louie is great,and quite feel bad about the fact that the fans dont feel as strongly for him as everyone else.....

is this true! oh thank god i have been waiting so long for new testament so so long.I'm really glad they brought andy sneap back and that he's doing megadeth ' i hate pro tools'.Doe's anyone know will alex and greg be on the album and why no mention on their site i have been sending eric emails for years now about a new album.I cant wait oh god i cant wait!!.I wish he would do the next flotsam and jetsam album.godamn i love testament!!

what do you mean testament is'nt a full time band? for gods sake they have been touring straight since 02 and before that barring chucks illness.And i really dont think they would have alex back if he was;nt into it

what do you mean testament is'nt a full time band? for gods sake they have been touring straight since 02 and before that barring chucks illness.And i really dont think they would have alex back if he was;nt into it

Jesus dude, pay attention. I didn't say he wasn't into it, I said he wasn't a full-on metalhead. Which is why he's not in just Testament but a multiple of side projects. How many side projects did Testament have during their first 5 albums. None, you know why? No, you probably don't. It's because they were a full-time band. Nowadays, their not. Everybody in Testament has side projects now because they are not full-time. Do you understand this?

And they haven't been touring straight since 2002 because they haven't played remotely near where I live since 99. And they use to all the time. Alex does mention on his site that they are working on new material for a new album, you just have to read it.

I'll pay attention when you stop talking out your ass!.Just because they dont play near your house doe'st mean their not touring.They dont play near me either.But i have been checking tour dates on their site for years.They have been touring all over the freakin world for years.Dont question my metal bitch ass i eat and breath it.And i was'nt trying to call you out anyone that responds to simple a post with such hostility is obviously a dick i was only asking a question.The reason eric did his dragonlord project when he did is because chuck got sick and he was bored his words in an interview,in an interview from 91 in rip he said they always new alex would leave one day because he is so talented.Your cant possibly be a real fan if you think it sucks skolnick is back if chuck and eric are happy wich they are i am too and i didn't say alex was a full on metal head that does'nt mean he wont give 100 percent.Did you see the smile on his face on the dvd you think he gets that responce and energy from add or his trio? screw you

dont worry i wont be coming back too this site you have soured me on it,Metal is a family a not bitch fest.I have been on many metal sites and have never gotten into an argument with anyone especially for asking a question,so maybe i forgot a question mark thats no reason to lash out.I didn't come hear to argue with other testament fans.Testament has been my favorite band since i was 12 and i'm now 31.I spend most of my time playing testament on my guitar not being a jerk whats your glitch