Andy Sneap talks about the Kemper Profiling Amp

Studio related, maybe it's not 100% yet...but in most live situations, I'm pretty sure it will beat a miced amp!
Still waiting for a rack unit.

I've heard it's pretty buggy and freezes quite often, so I wouldn't use it live.

We also profiled a 5150 and beat the Kemper's effort using TSE x50 and Ozone's Match EQ. I definitely agree that in a mix you'd struggle to pick out a section of Kemper but I'm equally confident you could drop 5 seconds of TSE + Ozone randomly in a mix containing the real deal and it also be indistinguishable, so for me at least, considering it's price, the bar has to be higher than that and it shouldn't be beaten by a free amp sim & match eq in a straight shootout against a real amp.

Can you post this? I would like to hear a 5150, the Kemper version and the TSE + Ozone beating it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSrk2PcWevQ
At the 5:28 minute mark there are some comparison clips, sounds spot in.

Nope. The frequencies may be similar but close your eyes and listen to the two. The first makes you think of a cab blasting in a room, that's how it feels. The second does nothing to me and it's not just because of the irritating highs/highmids it has.

.... So I've been listening to Dark Roots Of The Earth non-stop lately... And if any of you have the album, please do me a favor??
Listen through a few songs, then go to track 8 - Throne Of Thorns... The guitar tones continues to hit me as different to the rest of the album... And maybe, maybe I'm just hearing things, but it seems to have something stiff about it that I usually attribute to digital amps.

My gut says that song was rhythms throug Kemper. I wonder if Andy would be willing to shed some light here :/