Andy to mix the upcoming Mnemic album?

Jan 10, 2005
So Andy, when does that start? I just heard about it on MetalInjection, these guys do some neat stuff.

I'm curious to hear what you do for them after hearing their debut release. Hehe.

~006

I seen them open for Arch Enemy a while back. Great set, and pretty cool people as well. I remember thinking they had some similarities as Fear Factory. I've since forgotten about them. Thanx for reminding me. Now I gotta pick up their album.

Here's the new vocalist. Doesn't look like Brad Pitt to me...:lol: (Go Guillaume!)
Guillaume_1.jpg

ooh, looking forward to this.
Their first album was really good i think but the second one wasnt quite as hot.
The production was really good on their previous albums but pretty different to sneap's sound so it'll be interesting to hear what he does with their sound.

Yeah, I heard some high-quality mp3 samples of a few songs of theirs as well as a video on the MetalInjection show, the production is pretty good...but I'm really anxious to hear it in full fledged perfection from Mr. Sneap. I'm wondering if he's doing any producing at all...or if they are just sending him the PTS for him to mix.

They have opened for Meshuggah and a few other favorites of mine, and they are also the #1 selling new act on Nuclear Blast so far. They look promising. I like 'em.

~006

"As for the new Mnemic record, here are some news. We are going to record the new album in May with Shaun Tingvolt (Strapping Young Lad & Lamb of God) & Christian Olde Wolbers (Fear Factory) at Eric Kretz's (Stone Temple Pilots) BombshelterStudio in Los Angeles. Furthermore mixing duties will be handled by Andy Sneap at the Backstage Studios in Derbyshire, UK."

http://www.mnemic.com/index.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=3

Alrighty, so at least he gets to mix it. Either way I'm sure it'll sound great. I can't wait to hear it. :)

~006

As long as their sound only improves each time a new member appears, I don't care. What I hate is when new members come along and then the band starts sounding wierd or starts sucking balls.

~006

Wow, very much looking forward to this release, Mnemic rules! Losing Michael on vocals was a huge setback, but they are in good hands now! I'm just bummed that this probably means the end of Scarve, another one of my favorite newer bands.