Andy's mastering (finalizer)

he looks like he's using Nuendo/cubase ????? as his software workstation !!!! ?????

and it looks like a waves linear phase eq or multiband to me on the plug in monitor

A Toolish Circle said:
he looks like he's using Nuendo/cubase ????? as his software workstation !!!! ?????

and it looks like a waves linear phase eq or multiband to me on the plug in monitor
he goes back and forth between Nuendo and Pro Tools with a KVM switch... and yes, that's Waves Lin MB in the lower right hand corner of the screen. it's by FAR not all that he uses (notice the racks full of hardware), so run and get Nuendo and Waves and try to be the next Ted Jensen... if ya want. ;)

James Murphy said:
he goes back and forth between Nuendo and Pro Tools with a KVM switch... and yes, that's Waves Lin MB in the lower right hand corner of the screen. it's by FAR not all that he uses (notice the racks full of hardware), so run and get Nuendo and Waves and try to be the next Ted Jensen... if ya want. ;)

hahah ! mastering my own mixes esp for other bands is cringeworthy for an inexperienced dude like me , i'd much rather leave it to the pros , until they start fucking up my mixes and i can afford a $$$$ lush monitoring setup

i'm surprised he uses nuendo only because Sadie keeps propaganding that their workstations are far more superior sonically than ur normal DAWs like cubase etc.

i'm not too surprised he uses waves though....a lot of the mastering dudes here in australia have tons of them here

but that tube tech stuff is great , i've seen one in action ( stereo multiband compressor ) at a mastering studio and it had that "glueing" effect everyone raves about when u mention SSL.

What? You guys don't realize that Andy and James never really met Ted Jensen? Can't you see that those are just pics of a Ted Jensen cardboard-standup-figure with moveable arms!

Compare:
cardboard_ted.jpg

The alleged B&W speakers are probably Fisher Price, too :lol: