Angra and conception confirmed for prog power

OdinsCourt said:
:lol:

Sorry. I love Shaman and Andre too! However, Angra is doing PP and has been planning on coming back to the US anyway. Hopefully we can make it happen. You won't come out and see Angra? :(

I know what you're doing and I think it's great. Sure I would see an Angra show if you're with them. I would enjoy your band more. Angra lost the spark when the guys left, now it seems a lame attempt to recapture that essence and energy, even though the players are extremely talented....and I don't care for Edu at all. He bores me. Just my opinion...I'm sure I'm going to get people really riled up saying this, but I don't mean to. It's just that I'm a great admirer of Andre's talent as a composer and showman.
:headbang:

Don't you know?

Shaman changed their name to Shaaman, and their new album "Reason" will be out in March (at least here in Brazil).

Well, I heard one of the new songs and I can say that it's REALLY heavy. And seems like André is tying to sing like a man now.

@control-denied777 - LA would rock. We'll see!

@Jax - Clean up on Aisle 7! Someone is drooling all over the floor. o_O

@Pharoah - I used to be like that. I was a diehard Angra fan years before they split, so I was very resistant to softening up for the new lineup. Then I started to really like Rebirth, then I saw them live and met them. They were so nice, it was impossible not to love them after that. Well, hopefully it will happen and you can come out.

Hopefully you can see my band sometime. You're in PA right? We're with Sonata Arctica on their first US show ever at Jaxx on April 13th. If you're interested in coming, PM or email. ;)

Liquid Tension wrote
I've read nothing but good things about the Mercenary disc and have avioded it because of their previous disc that is reduced to collecting dust in my holder. Do you have that disc and if so how does it compair to 11 Dreams?

11 dreams shits all over Everblack...go buy it...the US version has extra tracks too..not sure if they are any good though.

I'll put my vote in for Phoenix. :D The Celebrity Theater would be awesome for Angra to play at. It's in the round, or a very cozy set-stage.

I'm still game for seeing them on the east coast. Philly works well for me. I can fly directly into Philadelphia for free, as well. :D

LA... :yuk: Not if I could help it. I abhor LA.

weenur said:
I'll put my vote in for Phoenix. :D The Celebrity Theater would be awesome for Angra to play at. It's in the round, or a very cozy set-stage.

I'm still game for seeing them on the east coast. Philly works well for me. I can fly directly into Philadelphia for free, as well. :D

LA... :yuk: Not if I could help it. I abhor LA.
You may have to fly to the Eastcoast. Phoenix would rock, but their schedule is limited timewise. They'll be hitting as many places as they can in a short period of time. I know Philly - or Allentown, nearby - are both on the plate. Don't worry, I think LA is too far out of the way for the time they have. ;)

I'd put in a vote for Seattle, or even better Olympia. But no one comes up here unless they're doing a world tour, or they come from around here. Don't get many of those special one night shows of bands that I like, oh well. But if you want to come, I could get at least twenty or thirty people to come from from around here, and they could bring people they know....just a thought

weenur said:
I've found another 3 or 4 guys that want to see Angra in Philadelphia.
Killer! Is Allentown out of the question for you (or the others you mentioned)? It will either be the Troc or Croc Rock, and I have a great contact at Croc Rock who really wants to get Angra in there. :)

@MC Pee pants - I'll see what I can swing. The biggest problem would be the distance versus the amount of time they have to tour the US. By the way, I love your user name. Aqua Teen Hunger Force rules!

hey I understand about distance, Washington is so isolated from the rest of the U.S., but there is just so little to do. If you couldn't do it I would understand, I didn't even think it would be an option. Adult Swim is a staple in Olympia Television watching, thanks to good old Evergreen (even though that's a stereotype that's largely wrong, it isn't entirely. As some of my friends say "There's nothing else to do here besides leave or 'chill'.")

OdinsCourt said:
Killer! Is Allentown out of the question for you (or the others you mentioned)? It will either be the Troc or Croc Rock, and I have a great contact at Croc Rock who really wants to get Angra in there. :)

@MC Pee pants - I'll see what I can swing. The biggest problem would be the distance versus the amount of time they have to tour the US. By the way, I love your user name. Aqua Teen Hunger Force rules!
Dude, you're talking to someone that's never really visited anything east of Texas. Where the hell is Allentown? LOL! I, and the other guys I mentioned, can fly to Philadephia for free. These guys and my wife are all Southwest employees, so travel isn't the issue. As long as we can get a car in Philadelphia, I think we'll be OK. I have another couple of friends from southern AZ that are HUGE Angra fans that will probably go, too. So, figure around 8-10 of us from AZ. Maybe more. Word of mouth will probably find a few more.

I really appreciate you doing this. :worship:

MC Pee pants said:
hey I understand about distance, Washington is so isolated from the rest of the U.S., but there is just so little to do. If you couldn't do it I would understand, I didn't even think it would be an option. Adult Swim is a staple in Olympia Television watching, thanks to good old Evergreen (even though that's a stereotype that's largely wrong, it isn't entirely. As some of my friends say "There's nothing else to do here besides leave or 'chill'.")
Glad you understand. We'll see what happens, but if I'm being honest, it isn't very likely. :(

weenur said:
Dude, you're talking to someone that's never really visited anything east of Texas. Where the hell is Allentown? LOL! I, and the other guys I mentioned, can fly to Philadephia for free. These guys and my wife are all Southwest employees, so travel isn't the issue. As long as we can get a car in Philadelphia, I think we'll be OK. I have another couple of friends from southern AZ that are HUGE Angra fans that will probably go, too. So, figure around 8-10 of us from AZ. Maybe more. Word of mouth will probably find a few more.
Allentown is about 1 hour from Philly - a straight shot on the Interstate. So that should be easy for you and your crew. Yes, I'm hoping once dates are announced word of mouth can do a lot to get the word out.

weenur said:
I really appreciate you doing this. :worship:
Hey, it's no problem. Last time around the promotion was so bad, I'm just doing what I can to help this time so they have more people at the shows. So far, it looks like we'll pass what happen last time. :D

I wasn't a fan of Angra until I saw them live a few weeks ago supporting Dragonforce in London.

I came to the conclusion that Angra is the best band in the universe.

They blew Dragonforce off the stage, Max and Rafaell are my new guitar hero's and Aquiles is the best power metal drummer of all time. The guitar break after the guitar solo in 'Angels Cry',ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeea.

I haven't posted in over a year and since I saw Angra they have ingnitied my passion for power metal and Symphony X. Hail Angra.

Alexander TG said:
I wasn't a fan of Angra until I saw them live a few weeks ago supporting Dragonforce in London.

They blew Dragonforce off the stage, Max and Rafaell are my new guitar hero's and Aquiles is the best power metal drummer of all time. The guitar break after the guitar solo in 'Angels Cry',ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeea.

I haven't posted in over a year and since I saw Angra they have ingnitied my passion for power metal and Symphony X. Hail Angra.

Who the hell is Max?

Alexander TG said:

I feel the same since hearing Temple of Shadows. I've been completely reinspired in music.